Old 06-07-2008, 01:30 AM
George Prowse

Default Council Idea

I have an strange idea, it will probably get shot down by everyone or
people will point out that it has been discussed and thought it was a
bad idea but anyway...

...why not invite a developer from another distribution to join the council?

I think inviting co-operation from other areas would only be of benefit.
Ideas could get a fresh view, decisions would be completely unbiased and
previous politics would never come into play.

It may have some ancillary benefits. Close co-operation with another
distribution could lead to a lasting co-operation of mutual help and
collaboration and could well be a format that other distros use in the
future.

flame away...

George

(sorry if the post sounds hippie-ish)