Old 06-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Albert Zeyer

Default Lastriting dev-libs/libffi (replaced by USE libffi in gcc itself)

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 14:52 +0300, Samuli Suominen wrote:
> # Samuli Suominen <drac@gentoo.org> (05 Jun 2008)
> # Masked for removal in ~30 days by treecleaners.
> # Replaced by USE libffi in sys-devel/gcc. Bug 163724.
> dev-libs/libffi
> dev-lang/squeak
> x11-libs/gtk-server
>
> Squeak and gtk-server maintainers still have time to rescue their
> ebuild, just enough time has passed for handling this (one and half
> year)

Are you sure that Squeak really depends on libffi?

I just compiled it (squeak-3.9.7) fine without having libffi on my
system and with disabled libffi USE-flag.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:54 PM
David Leverton

On Thursday 05 June 2008 19:21:24 Albert Zeyer wrote:
> Are you sure that Squeak really depends on libffi?
>
> I just compiled it (squeak-3.9.7) fine without having libffi on my
> system and with disabled libffi USE-flag.

According to my reading of the code, it doesn't use libffi on x86-linux,
ppc-linux and ppc-darwin, but does on all other platforms. In any case, it
should be fine with the libffi in gcc, it's just a case of the maintainer
finding time to update the ebuild.