Old 06-05-2008, 12:00 AM
"Łukasz Damentko"

Default Nominations open for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009

Hi guys,

Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009 are open now and will be
open for the next two weeks (until 23:59 UTC, 18/06/2008).

All nominations must be sent to the gentoo-dev mailing list. If you
were nominated and want to run, you have to accept your nomination on
the same mailing list.

Here are the rules:

* Council elections generally happen once a year
* The council is composed of seven elected members
* Nominations are allowed from June 5th 0000 UTC to June 18th 2359 UTC
* Only Gentoo developers may be nominated
* Anyone can nominate (nominating yourself is OK)
* Nominees must accept their nomination before voting begins
* Voting is opened from June 21st 0000 UTC to July 4th 2359 UTC
(there are two days of break between nominations and voting so
infra have time to set up everything)
* Only Gentoo developers may vote
* Gentoo uses the Condorcet method of voting

The page listing all nominations is here:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/voting-logs/council-2008-nominees.xml

If you don't know what the Gentoo Council is, you can read about it here:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/

If you want to ask a question or share your thoughts, contact any of
the election officials:

Łukasz Damentko (rane)
Alec Warner (antarus)
Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto (jmbsvicetto)
Shyam Mani (fox2mike) will be doing infra magic.

You can send us an e-mail or find us on Freenode (#gentoo-elections,
#gentoo-dev, so on).

--

Łukasz Damentko
���^�X�������&j)b� b�

Old 06-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Josh Saddler

Łukasz Damentko wrote:

Hi guys,

Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009 are open now and will be
open for the next two weeks (until 23:59 UTC, 18/06/2008).

Now that nominations are officially open, I nominate the current council
members (again):

amne
betelgeuse
dberkholz
flameeyes
jokey
lu_zero
vapier

Old 06-05-2008, 09:55 AM

Josh Saddler <nightmorph@gentoo.org> writes:

> flameeyes

I'm glad to accept the nomination.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Petten
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

Old 06-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Fabian Groffen

On 05-06-2008 02:35:16 -0700, Josh Saddler wrote:
> Now that nominations are officially open, I nominate the current council
> members (again):

I nominate:

dertobi123
fmccor

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 06-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Markus Ullmann

Josh Saddler schrieb:
Now that nominations are officially open, I nominate the current council
members (again):

amne
betelgeuse
dberkholz
flameeyes
jokey
lu_zero
vapier

Thanks, I accept the nomination

Greetz
-Jokey

Old 06-05-2008, 03:34 PM

"Łukasz Damentko" <rane@gentoo.org> writes:

> Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009 are open now and will be
> open for the next two weeks (until 23:59 UTC, 18/06/2008).

I wish to nominate Halcy0n, Cardoe and leio.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

Old 06-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Tobias Scherbaum

Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 05-06-2008 02:35:16 -0700, Josh Saddler wrote:
> > Now that nominations are officially open, I nominate the current council
> > members (again):
>
> I nominate:
>
> dertobi123

Though I'm in favor of just re-electing the current council members as
they did a very good job in general, I'm going to accept your nomination
and run again for the council.
My manifesto is (still) available at
http://www.scherbaum.info/~tobias/manifesto

Thanks!
Tobias
--
Gentoo Linux - Die Metadistribution
http://www.mitp.de/1769

Old 06-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Ali Polatel

Łukasz Damentko yazmış:
> Hi guys,
>
> Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009 are open now and will be
> open for the next two weeks (until 23:59 UTC, 18/06/2008).

I want to nominate:

Fernando J. Pereda -- "ferdy"
Bo Ørsted Andresen -- "zlin"

Ali Polatel