Old 06-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Doug Goldstein

Default Nominations open for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:

"Łukasz Damentko" <rane@gentoo.org> writes:

Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009 are open now and will be
open for the next two weeks (until 23:59 UTC, 18/06/2008).

I wish to nominate Halcy0n, Cardoe and leio.

I'll accept my nomination. I'll happily answer all the inquiries on the
ML in one post to follow.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Roy Bamford

Old 06-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Christian Faulhammer

Hi,

Vlastimil Babka <caster@gentoo.org>:
> opfer (Christian Faulhammer)

Thanks, but I decline.

V-Li

<URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>

Old 06-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Panagiotis Christopoulos

On 02:00 Thu 05 Jun , Łukasz Damentko wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009 are open now and will be
> open for the next two weeks (until 23:59 UTC, 18/06/2008).

I want to nominate:

1. Marijn Schouten (hkBst)
2. Ulrich Müller (ulm)

--
Panagiotis Christopoulos(pchrist)
------ Gentoo Lisp Project ------

Old 06-18-2008, 12:31 PM
"Marijn Schouten (hkBst)"

Old 06-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Ulrich Mueller

> I want to nominate:

> 1. Marijn Schouten (hkBst)
> 2. Ulrich Mller (ulm)

I accept.

Ulrich

Old 06-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Chris Gianelloni

On Sat, 2008-06-07 at 14:46 +0100, Alex Howells wrote:
> I agree with both of these and also think both agaffney and wolf31o2
> would serve us excellently on Council. Consider them nominated too

Thanks, but I no longer have the time nor the desire to dedicate to the
Council.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead

Old 07-01-2008, 07:28 AM
Donnie Berkholz

On 19:33 Thu 05 Jun , Roy Bamford wrote:
> I don't want to nominate anyone who hasn't been nominated already.
> I would like to address all the candidates who have or will accept
> council nominations.

I just got to this because I was on vacation and I've been busy getting
work done since I got back.

> 1. Please tell us how/if you plan to fix GLEP 39. (You may not consider
> it broken)

I think Rich Freeman made a good point -- having attendance requirements
without requirements about method of notification is a problem.

> 2. As one of the first priorities will be setting policy for pending
> appeals what policy do you propose ?

The one I already did propose and the council approved.

> 3. If you are not on the council already, how will you make time for
> the extra work?

N/A -- although I will say that creating the agenda (with the included
research) and chairing meetings is significantly more work than being
any other council member at this point in time.

> 4. How do you think the council and trustees can work together to make
> Gentoo better? Not just the code base but the cooperative environment
> we all work together in too. Disclosure - I have a personal interest
> in responses as a trustee.
>
> 5. Tell us a little about yourself - the skills and experience you can
> bring to the council?

- I stay calm under fire.

- I've got extensive training in problem solving and logical thought,
from programming to journalism to my in-progress biochemistry Ph.D.

- "Strong opinions, weakly held." - A borrowed description I really like

- I write clearly and concisely.

- I recently had my 5-year anniversary as a Gentoo developer, and I'm
among the most active devs.

> 6. Tell us one outstanding (in your own mind) contribution you made to
> Gentoo in the last year.

If your X is still running, you already know. =)

Thanks,
Donnie