Old 06-05-2008, 06:24 PM
"Alex Howells"

Default Nominations open for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009

I nominate everyone on the current Council and/or second anyone else
nominating them

Old 06-05-2008, 06:24 PM
"Alex Howells"

Old 06-05-2008, 06:26 PM
"Alex Howells"

2008/6/5 Ali Polatel <hawking@gentoo.org>:

> I want to nominate:
>
> Fernando J. Pereda -- "ferdy"
> Bo ěrsted Andresen -- "zlin"

Is there a method for objecting to a nomination, kinda like the
opposite of seconding it? :P

Old 06-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Roy Bamford

On 2008.06.05 01:00, Łukasz Damentko wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009 are open now and will be
> open for the next two weeks (until 23:59 UTC, 18/06/2008).

Team,

I don't want to nominate anyone who hasn't been nominated already.
I would like to address all the candidates who have or will accept
council nominations.

1. Please tell us how/if you plan to fix GLEP 39. (You may not consider
it broken)

2. As one of the first priorities will be setting policy for pending
appeals what policy do you propose ?

3. If you are not on the council already, how will you make time for
the extra work?

4. How do you think the council and trustees can work together to make
Gentoo better?
Not just the code base but the cooperative environment we all work
together in too.
Disclosure - I have a personal interest in responses as a trustee.

5. Tell us a little about yourself - the skills and experience you can
bring to the council?

6. Tell us one outstanding (in your own mind) contribution you made to
Gentoo in the last year.

Any candidate who does not have time/interest to prepare a manifesto
addressing the above and anything else they want to say to the
electorate will have a hard time convincing me that they have the time/
interest to undertake the duties of a council member.

I look forward to seeing links to your manifestos on
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/voting-logs/council-2008-
nominees.xml

- --
Regards,

Roy Bamford
(NeddySeagoon) a member of
gentoo-ops
forum-mods
treecleaners
trustees

For the avoidance of doubt, I write as an individual developer and not
on behalf of any project I may be a member of.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:54 PM

Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@gentoo.org> writes:

> 1. Please tell us how/if you plan to fix GLEP 39. (You may not consider
> it broken)

Need to address better when a meeting is considered official (right now
it's not addressed at all, so anything is better), for the rest is fine
as it is.

> 2. As one of the first priorities will be setting policy for pending
> appeals what policy do you propose ?

Council handles appeals, there's no conflict of interests: who gets
voted in is already known to not be entirely impartial and/or being in
charge of other decsion-making teams.

> 4. How do you think the council and trustees can work together to make
> Gentoo better?
> Not just the code base but the cooperative environment we all work
> together in too.
> Disclosure - I have a personal interest in responses as a trustee.

Staying independent one of the other, with no hierarchical relationship
one way or the other.

> 5. Tell us a little about yourself - the skills and experience you can
> bring to the council?

If you know me you know what I do, if you don't, I suggest just looking
at my blog (http://blog.flameeyes.eu/) there it's all you have to know,
and probably something you don't care about.

> 6. Tell us one outstanding (in your own mind) contribution you made to
> Gentoo in the last year.

Last year? Being a council member already, I'd say.

> Any candidate who does not have time/interest to prepare a manifesto
> addressing the above and anything else they want to say to the
> electorate will have a hard time convincing me that they have the time/
> interest to undertake the duties of a council member.

You might want to revisit your ideas, unless you expect next council
elections to require primaries first. I sincerely don't want to spend
time to rewrite this as a "manifesto" because it makes really not much
sense. I don't take an opinion _just_ for the election, my opinions are
open to anybody to see. And I did have time and interest in stayin in
the council for two terms already.

With all sincerity, your "threat" makes me want to puke: if we're being
forced to write manifestos, I might just as well reject my nomination,
as I find that just useless bureaucracy.

And no I won't be wearing a Gentoo logo pin on my lapel.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Petten˛
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

Old 06-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Ciaran McCreesh

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 20:54:23 +0200
flameeyes@gmail.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten˛) wrote:
> > 6. Tell us one outstanding (in your own mind) contribution you made
> > to Gentoo in the last year.
>
> Last year? Being a council member already, I'd say.

What did you achieve as a council member?

--
Ciaran McCreesh

Old 06-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Luca Barbato

Josh Saddler wrote:

Łukasz Damentko wrote:

Hi guys,

Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009 are open now and will be
open for the next two weeks (until 23:59 UTC, 18/06/2008).

Now that nominations are officially open, I nominate the current council
members (again):

lu_zero

Thank you, I accept.

lu