Old 06-04-2008, 09:12 PM
"William L. Thomson Jr."

Default Default blank lines for error, elog, einfo, etc

Just a quick thought looking over a couple ebuilds. It seems most times
anyone does a error, elog, einfo, or similar. They start and end with a
few blank lines. Calls with no arguments.

Is there any reason not to make that a default? Other than difficulty of
implementation. Anytime they are invoked back to back. Default blank
lines are added at the beginning or end.

Now granted that is WAY easier said than done. The command would need to
know it's being called back to back. And/or be aware of any
interruptions and insert a blank line. Maybe an extra argument passed
on?

Not sure about cases like

einfo
elog "Something"
einfo

Or similar. Could just be a pipe dream, or something that is not
practical or feasible to implement. Just a quick thought I had, no ties
to it. Toss it in the trash for all I care.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
amd64/Java/Trustees