Old 05-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Randy Barlow

Default Grub Halfway Installed

I have a machine that I recently installed, and I'm having trouble
getting grub to boot up using the grub.conf. The machine loads straight
into the grub shell. From there I can type the root, kernel, and boot
commands and get the system booted just fine, but I can't seem to get it
to use the grub.conf file. The grub.conf file is located in /boot/grub/
and is basically just:

default 0
timeout 10

title Gentoo
root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda3

That's it. It works on two of my other systems, but this one makes me
type the commands manually. Any ideas? Thanks!

--
Randy Barlow
http://electronsweatshop.com