FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Desktop

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Theo Chatzimichos
 
Default git live ebuilds

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Serghei Amelian <serghei@thel.ro> wrote:
> Hello KDE3 users,
>
> I started my own KDE3 fork, I added cmake support to it (partially yet) and I
> want to create live ebuilds for it. As I saw, these is no git support in kde3
> eclasses, only svn. Any volunteer to add git support to eclasses?
>
> There is my current work: https://github.com/serghei
>
> --
> Serghei

FYI you can use kde-sunset instead of creating your own kde3 overlay
 
Old 03-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Serghei Amelian
 
Default git live ebuilds

On Monday 19 March 2012 17:30:20 Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Serghei Amelian <serghei@thel.ro> wrote:
> > Hello KDE3 users,
> >
> > I started my own KDE3 fork, I added cmake support to it (partially yet)
> > and I want to create live ebuilds for it. As I saw, these is no git
> > support in kde3 eclasses, only svn. Any volunteer to add git support to
> > eclasses?
> >
> > There is my current work: https://github.com/serghei
> >
> > --
> > Serghei
>
> FYI you can use kde-sunset instead of creating your own kde3 overlay

Actually this is the idea. I forked KDE 3.5.10, not kde-sunset. I want to
create live ebuilds for my fork, and to put they to kde-sunset.

--
Serghei
 
Old 03-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Ian Whyman
 
Default git live ebuilds

Is there any reason you do not contribute to the existing Trinity project instead?

On Mar 19, 2012 3:40 PM, "Serghei Amelian" <serghei@thel.ro> wrote:
On Monday 19 March 2012 17:30:20 Theo Chatzimichos wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Serghei Amelian <serghei@thel.ro> wrote:

> > Hello KDE3 users,

> >

> > I started my own KDE3 fork, I added cmake support to it (partially yet)

> > and I want to create live ebuilds for it. As I saw, these is no git

> > support in kde3 eclasses, only svn. Any volunteer to add git support to

> > eclasses?

> >

> > There is my current work: https://github.com/serghei

> >

> > --

> > Serghei

>

> FYI you can use kde-sunset instead of creating your own kde3 overlay



Actually this is the idea. I forked KDE 3.5.10, not kde-sunset. I want to

create live ebuilds for my fork, and to put they to kde-sunset.



--

Serghei
 
Old 03-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Theo Chatzimichos
 
Default git live ebuilds

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Serghei Amelian <serghei@thel.ro> wrote:
> On Monday 19 March 2012 17:30:20 Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Serghei Amelian <serghei@thel.ro> wrote:
>> > Hello KDE3 users,
>> >
>> > I started my own KDE3 fork, I added cmake support to it (partially yet)
>> > and I want to create live ebuilds for it. As I saw, these is no git
>> > support in kde3 eclasses, only svn. Any volunteer to add git support to
>> > eclasses?
>> >
>> > There is my current work: https://github.com/serghei
>> >
>> > --
>> > Serghei
>>
>> FYI you can use kde-sunset instead of creating your own kde3 overlay
>
> Actually this is the idea. I forked KDE 3.5.10, not kde-sunset. I want to
> create live ebuilds for my fork, and to put they to kde-sunset.
>
> --
> Serghei
>

OK, to request access to the kde-sunset overlay send me an offlist
email with your public ssh key
 
Old 03-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Serghei Amelian
 
Default git live ebuilds

On Monday 19 March 2012 18:09:05 Ian Whyman wrote:
> Is there any reason you do not contribute to the existing Trinity project
> instead?

Yes, actually i'm still member of Trinity development team. But I do not like
anymore the current dirrection of Trinity (qt4 support, renaming, rebranding,
etc). So I decided to maintain my own fork, based on vanilla KDE3.

[...]

--
Serghei
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:50 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org