Old 03-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Theo Chatzimichos

Default Gentoo KDE meeting, 22 March 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Theo Chatzimichos
<tampakrap@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Place: #gentoo-meetings
> Date: 22 March 2011
> Time: 2000 UTC
> Topics: (WIP) http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/kde.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/maintainers/meetings/meeting-2012-03

Again, the meeting is for 2012 (What's wrong with me??)

Old 03-20-2012, 04:06 AM
Duncan

Theo Chatzimichos posted on Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:30:07 +0100 as excerpted:

> Again, the meeting is for 2012 (What's wrong with me??)

LOL! So I'm not the only one that finds himself doing fine the first
couple months (well, after about the third day anyway) while the new year
is still new enough to be thinking about, but then come March and April
when he's no longer thinking about it, finds himself writing the OLD year
again!

Not to worry /too/ much. In another several weeks you'll finally get
your fingers trained to write 2012, and then you'll be OK... until next
year when it happens all over again! Here, I'm usually about finished
with the adjustment by mid April, tho there's been a few years where the
problem has triggered a time or two in June, even. But I don't recall
having the problem after June, ever.

=:^

Unfortunately, I had a similar Y2K triggered problem... with a cycle time
in years. For some reason, about 2008 or so, I suddenly found myself
writing 199... again! The only explanation for THAT I can think of is
that it actually TOOK that long for the novelty of writing 200... to wear
off. I didn't have so much problem with 201... but based on that, I
won't, either, until 2016 or 2018.

=:^

Old 03-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Theo Chatzimichos

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 6:06 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@cox.net> wrote:
> Theo Chatzimichos posted on Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:30:07 +0100 as excerpted:
>
>> Again, the meeting is for 2012 (What's wrong with me??)
>
> LOL! *So I'm not the only one that finds himself doing fine the first
> couple months (well, after about the third day anyway) while the new year
> is still new enough to be thinking about, but then come March and April
> when he's no longer thinking about it, finds himself writing the OLD year
> again!
>
> Not to worry /too/ much. *In another several weeks you'll finally get
> your fingers trained to write 2012, and then you'll be OK... until next
> year when it happens all over again! *Here, I'm usually about finished
> with the adjustment by mid April, tho there's been a few years where the
> problem has triggered a time or two in June, even. *But I don't recall
> having the problem after June, ever.
>
> =:^
>
> Unfortunately, I had a similar Y2K triggered problem... with a cycle time
> in years. *For some reason, about 2008 or so, I suddenly found myself
> writing 199... again! *The only explanation for THAT I can think of is
> that it actually TOOK that long for the novelty of writing 200... to wear
> off. *I didn't have so much problem with 201... but based on that, I
> won't, either, until 2016 or 2018.
>
> =:^

No, the Qt meeting's date was a mistake because at the same time I was
writing some 2011 reports at work, and the KDE meeting's mail was a
copy-paste of the Qt one, where I didn't correct all the dates