-   Gentoo Desktop (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-desktop/)
-   -   Networking; eth/ wifi/ palm treo as modem... (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-desktop/5886-networking-eth-wifi-palm-treo-modem.html)

Rick Bragg 11-27-2007 12:30 AM

Networking; eth/ wifi/ palm treo as modem...

Hi,

I would like to set up my palm treo 755p with my thinkpad as a usb
modem. The account is set up. I would also like to be able to switch
between my ethernet interface, and wifi card (and select networks) in
the easiest way possible.

Does anybody have experience with this? I'm not sure where to start.
There seems to be conflicting packages and info about all this. ie.
networkmanager, wifimanager, wifiradar, kwifimanager,

Does anybody have any clear easy advice? packages to use/ packages to
NOT use, configurations/ etc...

Thanks!
Rick