Old 09-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Fabio Erculiani

Default virtual/polkit-agent virtual pkg

We have actually 3 polkit agent implementations in Portage:

gnome-extra/polkit-gnome
lxde-base/lxpolkit
sys-auth/polkit-kde-agent

I guess a virtual is required.
Just a simple example, gnome-extra/nm-applet requires a polkit auth
agent (not present in RDEPEND atm -- bug!) in order to handle wifi
passwords, etc.
But the same applet can be used in both GNOME and LXDE, making
lxpolkit a better choice over polkit-gnome for the latter.

My proposal is to create a virtual pkg listing all the polkit auth
agent implementations and make pkgs depend on it.

--
Fabio Erculiani