Old 03-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Dale

Default System problems

Lindsay Haisley wrote:

Thanks. Jorge Vicetto noted that having CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2 set
in the kernel config is a major no-no with recent versions of udev, and
will screw up device creation. This kernel config setting was indeed
set, which may well have accounted for this particular incarnation of
the problem. Roman Zilka noted that the 2.6.29 kernel I was using when
this happens has known issues and isn't even in the Gentoo portage tree
anymore. So thanks to Roman and Jorge I have a 2.6.36 kernel built
(without the problem setting) which I'll try when I get a moment. Being
a day late and a dollar short at the moment I'm a bit short on round
tuits :-)

You doing the same as me? I'm spreading mulch in my garden with the
tractor. I need a bigger tractor, a front end loader or a nice size
dozer. My mulch pile is the size of a house and I'm having to push as
far as 200' with a little 25hp tractor with a bucket. I'm glad it is
4WD tho. I would have been stuck long ago. lol

Let us know if you get it fixed.

Dale

:-) :-)