Old 02-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Ben Leggett

Default Hal 5.10 upgrade shows partition on Desktop?

Hi All,

I just upgraded to hal-5.10, and when I log in, one of my hard drive
partitions shows up on the Gnome desktop as a removable drive. I mount
this partition manually in fstab at boot, and I don't want it on my
desktop.

Here's my fstab for reference:
/dev/hda1 /home jfs noatime 0 2
/dev/hda2 / jfs noatime 0 1
/dev/hda3 /hda3 jfs noatime 0 2
/dev/hda5 none swap sw 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0

What's odd is that only this partition shows up on my desktop. I've also
got /home on a separate partition, but that doesn't show. I don't want
to disable "show removable drives" in GConf, as that disables USB thumb
drives and such.

I was under the impression that hal ignored stuff in fstab. How can I
convince it that this partition isn't a removable drive? It this a bug,
or a new "feature" in hal-5.10?

Thanks,

Ben Leggett
--

"Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile."
-- Karl Lehenbauer

I try to uphold the ideals that I was taught to value as an American,
but every year I get less and less help from the United States.
--R.M. Stallman
GPG/PGP Public Key ID: 11EC44D4