Old 02-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Tiago Marques

Default knetworkmanager and dbus-qt3-old

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to check something out before submitting a bug report. This is*kde-misc/knetworkmanager/knetworkmanager-0.7_pre1168552.ebuild:

...DEPEND="net-misc/networkmanager

** *=kde-base/kdelibs-3.5*** *>=dev-libs/dbus-qt3-old-0.9

But, dbus-qt3-old-0.9 doesn't get pulled in when I try to merge the package:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sudo ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~amd64 emerge =knetworkmanager-0.7* -pv

Calculating dependencies - * Digest verification failed:** /usr/local/portage/layman/kde-sunset/app-office/koffice-data/koffice-data-1.6.3_p20090204.ebuild

** Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size** Got: 649

** Expected: 583* * Digest verification failed:

** /usr/local/portage/layman/kde-sunset/app-office/koffice-libs/koffice-libs-1.6.3_p20090204.ebuild** Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size

** Got: 1699** Expected: 1633... done!

[ebuild *N * *] kde-misc/knetworkmanager-0.7_pre1168552 *USE="-arts -cisco -debug -dialup -openvpn -pptp -xinerama" 0 kB [1]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have added ~amd64 to the knetworkmanager ebuild and the 0.9 dbus-qt3 ebuild and generated new manifests. It doesn't pull it. Portage is the latest stable: 2.1.9.25
Ideas?

Best regards,Tiago

Old 02-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Dale

Tiago Marques wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check something out before submitting a bug
report. This
is*kde-misc/knetworkmanager/knetworkmanager-0.7_pre1168552.ebuild:

<< SNIP >>

Best regards,
Tiago

I don't think you can file a Gentoo bug report for things in a
overlay.* You are however in the right place.* In the past, the folks
that maintain kde-sunset respond to problems here.* So, you may have
just filed a bur report.*

Dale

:-)* :-)*

Old 02-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Tiago Marques

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:

Tiago Marques wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check something out before submitting a bug
report. This
is*kde-misc/knetworkmanager/knetworkmanager-0.7_pre1168552.ebuild:

<< SNIP >>

Best regards,
Tiago

I don't think you can file a Gentoo bug report for things in a
overlay.* You are however in the right place.* In the past, the folks
that maintain kde-sunset respond to problems here.* So, you may have
just filed a bur report.*

Dale

:-)* :-)*

Thanks
I was referring about a bug to portage, not kde-sunset, since it is portage that doesn't seem able to resolve the dependencies.

Best regards,Tiago

Old 03-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Dale

Tiago Marques wrote:

[...]

Usually the ebuild sets the packages that are needed and the ebuild is
part of the overlay.* If you file a bug related to overlays, they are
usually closed.* You can file it if needed but I suspect it will be
closed.*

The folks here will most likely be able to fix this.* Just have to wait
until they get a chance to work on it.* If it is portage itself, then
they will know that for sure and it can be filed with them.*

Dale

:-)* :-)*

Old 03-02-2011, 03:05 AM
"Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto"

Hi.

On 28-02-2011 22:19, Dale wrote:
> Tiago Marques wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Just wanted to check something out before submitting a bug report.
>> This is kde-misc/knetworkmanager/knetworkmanager-0.7_pre1168552.ebuild:
>>
>> << SNIP >>
>> Best regards,
>> Tiago
>
> I don't think you can file a Gentoo bug report for things in a overlay.
> You are however in the right place. In the past, the folks that
> maintain kde-sunset respond to problems here. So, you may have just
> filed a bur report.

You can file bug reports for supported overlays. As an example, we have
many bug reports for packages in the kde overlay. It's usually asked
that in such cases you start the bug summary with the name of the
overlay, so you might have something like "[kde overlay]
kde-base/kopete-4.6.9999: ..."
The kde-sunset overlay however is not supported by Gentoo developers and
the support is offered through this mailing list.

If you hit a portage bug, it doesn't matter if it only shows up in an
"unsupported" overlay or not, you can and should report it on bugzilla.
Before you do it, you should try to confirm it, though. You may even ask
for the help of members of the KDE team. The best way to do so is to ask
on #gentoo-kde.

> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

- --

Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections / RelEng

Old 03-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Tiago Marques

Ok. Thanks. I'll try to talk to someone on IRC.
Best regards

>> Just wanted to check something out before submitting a bug report.

>> This is kde-misc/knetworkmanager/knetworkmanager-0.7_pre1168552.ebuild:

>> << SNIP >>

>> Best regards,

>> Tiago

> I don't think you can file a Gentoo bug report for things in a overlay.

> You are however in the right place. *In the past, the folks that

> maintain kde-sunset respond to problems here. *So, you may have just

> filed a bur report.

You can file bug reports for supported overlays. As an example, we have

many bug reports for packages in the kde overlay. It's usually asked

that in such cases you start the bug summary with the name of the

overlay, so you might have something like "[kde overlay]

kde-base/kopete-4.6.9999: ..."

The kde-sunset overlay however is not supported by Gentoo developers and

the support is offered through this mailing list.

If you hit a portage bug, it doesn't matter if it only shows up in an

"unsupported" overlay or not, you can and should report it on bugzilla.

Before you do it, you should try to confirm it, though. You may even ask

for the help of members of the KDE team. The best way to do so is to ask

on #gentoo-kde.

> Dale

> :-) *:-)

- --

Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections / RelEng