-   Gentoo Desktop (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-desktop/)
-   -   KDE 4.6 still masked? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-desktop/482229-kde-4-6-still-masked.html)

Nikos Chantziaras 01-28-2011 07:53 AM

KDE 4.6 still masked?

Why is KDE 4.6 still masked in portage? Unfortunately, the comment in
profiles/package.mask doesn't say anything other than the obvious:

"Mask KDE SC 4.6.0 and deps"

Theo Chatzimichos 01-28-2011 08:12 AM

KDE 4.6 still masked?

On Friday 28 January 2011 10:53:37 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Why is KDE 4.6 still masked in portage? Unfortunately, the comment in
> profiles/package.mask doesn't say anything other than the obvious:
>
> "Mask KDE SC 4.6.0 and deps"

Due to masked deps, I don't think it will unmasked soon
--
Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap)
Gentoo KDE/Qt, Planet, Overlays

Nikos Chantziaras 01-28-2011 09:26 AM

KDE 4.6 still masked?

Why is KDE 4.6 still masked in portage? Unfortunately, the comment in
profiles/package.mask doesn't say anything other than the obvious:

"Mask KDE SC 4.6.0 and deps"

Due to masked deps, I don't think it will unmasked soon

Damn. Is there a central bug where one can keep track of all blockers?

Nikos Chantziaras 01-28-2011 09:41 AM

KDE 4.6 still masked?

Why is KDE 4.6 still masked in portage? Unfortunately, the comment in
profiles/package.mask doesn't say anything other than the obvious:

"Mask KDE SC 4.6.0 and deps"

Due to masked deps, I don't think it will unmasked soon

Btw, the "package.unmask/kde-4.6" file from the kde overlay is missing
entries for:

sys-auth/polkit-kde-agent
kde-misc/polkit-kde-kcmodules
sys-auth/polkit-qt

Dale 01-28-2011 01:55 PM

KDE 4.6 still masked?

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

Why is KDE 4.6 still masked in portage? Unfortunately, the comment in
profiles/package.mask doesn't say anything other than the obvious:

"Mask KDE SC 4.6.0 and deps"

Due to masked deps, I don't think it will unmasked soon

Btw, the "package.unmask/kde-4.6" file from the kde overlay is missing
entries for:

sys-auth/polkit-kde-agent
kde-misc/polkit-kde-kcmodules
sys-auth/polkit-qt

I used autounmask to unmask mine here. I installed it yesterday and so
far it is running fine. I don't see any problems at the moment. I'm
running AMD64 here, if that matters.

Dale

:-) :-)

Dale 01-28-2011 04:42 PM

KDE 4.6 still masked?

Dale wrote:

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

Why is KDE 4.6 still masked in portage? Unfortunately, the comment in
profiles/package.mask doesn't say anything other than the obvious:

"Mask KDE SC 4.6.0 and deps"

Due to masked deps, I don't think it will unmasked soon

Btw, the "package.unmask/kde-4.6" file from the kde overlay is
missing entries for:

sys-auth/polkit-kde-agent
kde-misc/polkit-kde-kcmodules
sys-auth/polkit-qt

I used autounmask to unmask mine here. I installed it yesterday and
so far it is running fine. I don't see any problems at the moment.
I'm running AMD64 here, if that matters.

Dale

:-) :-)

May want to hold off on the upgrade until I see what caused this. My
Kmenu is about empty. No apps at all. It has the other stuff but no
way to start apps. Example, Seamonkey, gtkam or Kcalc is listed. The
only way I can start a app is to use the run dialog. Luckily I have
some links in the panel.

Will post if I find a solution. Going to re-emerge some stuff to see if
that fixes it. If not, no idea what to check next.

Dale

:-) :-)

Dale 01-28-2011 04:49 PM

KDE 4.6 still masked?

Dale wrote:

May want to hold off on the upgrade until I see what caused this. My
Kmenu is about empty. No apps at all. It has the other stuff but no
way to start apps. Example, Seamonkey, gtkam or Kcalc is listed. The
only way I can start a app is to use the run dialog. Luckily I have
some links in the panel.

Will post if I find a solution. Going to re-emerge some stuff to see
if that fixes it. If not, no idea what to check next.

Dale

:-) :-)

I got it fixed. If someone else runs into this, just pick a small
package and rebuild it. I picked gtkam since it only takes a couple
minutes. Anyway, after it emerged, all the apps were listed again. I
assume something was updated during the install process. It was
something I could have done most likely without emerging anything but I
can recall what it is at the moment.

Whew, glad that was easy enough. ;-)

Dale

:-) :-)

Ian Whyman 01-28-2011 05:12 PM

KDE 4.6 still masked?

May have just needed a kbuildsysoca4 run.