Old 02-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Serghei Amelian

Default cmake porting status for Trinity

On Saturday 05 February 2011 11:41:01 Roman wrote:

[...]

> Just another question: where should i put cmake-related fixes, that
> could/should be fixed? Send them to you? Or is there sth. on the
> trinity-pages that i couldn't find...?

If you have patches, send it to me, I will commit it to trinity svn.

> (in this case i think the avahi-dependency in CMakeList.txt could be
> optional).

I'm not sure that kdelibs can be compiled without avahi, as I understand avahi
are mandatory at this time. I will ask Tim.

PS You can reach me at chat.freenode.net, channel #trinity-desktop

--
Serghei

Old 02-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Roman

hi serghei,

i can't mail you directly, serghei@thel.ro gives "Access denied"...

i wanted to get back to you much sooner, but i currently have a very busy
personal life. So i probably can't check in on irc..

As we talked on irc, i did some work on the ebuilds (not yet commited to
github).
As i was trying to bump some ebuilds to a newer revision, i stumbled across a
little problem.
In the trinity-svn there is the kde-common/cmake folder which seems to be
needed by every ebuild as it contains some tqt/TDE files.

When you packaged the distfiles did you just copy cmake to kdebase/cmake or
did you have to change anything else?

Does the trinity-svn contain basically the same cmake-related files as your
tarballs?

I am currently working on a script to bump the ebuilds/automatically create
the tarballs from svn and am thinking to package kde-common/cmake into its
own archive and add -DCMAKE_SOURCE_DIR=workdir/cmake to the ebuilds, if that
is all that is needed.

Still need to find out why kdm keeps segfaulting and how to get desktop
configured automatically (guess that is part of the startkde-script which i
will have to gentooify).

If my tests go well, i think i can commit the stuff at the end of the week..

greetings,
Roman

--
It's been my observation that a person's brains get evenly divided up
among their sockpuppets.
From: Alan Connor

Old 02-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Serghei Amelian

On Tuesday 22 February 2011 11:16:50 Roman wrote:
> hi serghei,
>
> i can't mail you directly, serghei@thel.ro gives "Access denied"...

My s25r filter... I white-listed you.

[...]

> When you packaged the distfiles did you just copy cmake to kdebase/cmake or
> did you have to change anything else?

Don't worry about this, kde-common/cmake is an svn external dependecy and is
downloaded automatically.

--
Serghei