Old 01-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Theo Chatzimichos

Default KDE 4.5.4 distfiles missing

On Wednesday 05 January 2011 18:10:35 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 01/05/2011 05:23 PM, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:

> >> Happened again. The 4.6 RC2 tarballs is not available yet, but it's not
> >> masked anyway.
> >>
> >> It would be awesome if the kde guys could mask the stuff, since it's a
> >> lot of packages to mask by hand and it totally breaks emerge -u world.
> >
> > It is masked, check your /etc/portage/package.unmask
>
> So is 4.5.90. What I mean is, we unmasked 4.5.90 using the provided
> unmask file. However, that file unmasks the 4.6 slot. So we get
> problems with 4.5.95 which also gets unmasked.

I added a 4.5.90 specific unmask file, you can use that instead, enjoy
--
Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap)
Gentoo KDE/Qt, Planet, Overlays

Old 01-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Duncan

Theo Chatzimichos posted on Wed, 05 Jan 2011 17:23:00 +0200 as excerpted:

>> Happened again. The 4.6 RC2 tarballs is not available yet, but it's
>> not masked anyway.
>>
>> It would be awesome if the kde guys could mask the stuff, since it's a
>> lot of packages to mask by hand and it totally breaks emerge -u world.
>
> It is masked, check your /etc/portage/package.unmask

I'm not running the 4.6 rcs, but I did notice that the 4.5.5 ebuilds are
masked until upstream release, this time. Thanks. =:^)

Old 01-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

[...]

Same with 4.6 final. Users of 4.6 RC2 will have problems with emerge -u
world.

The unmask file is gone (I "ln -s" those from the overlay instead of
copying them), so I remade one. If anyone wants it:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=9LdvvmKt

Old 01-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Theo Chatzimichos

On Saturday 22 January 2011 02:19:07 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 01/05/2011 05:10 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> >> That is actually not what happens most of the time. Usually the user has
> >> to mask stuff.
> >>
> >> In rare cases, the overlay masks the packages properly. About 20% of
> >> time, I'd say.
> >
> > Happened again. The 4.6 RC2 tarballs is not available yet, but it's not
> > masked anyway.
> >
> > It would be awesome if the kde guys could mask the stuff, since it's a
> > lot of packages to mask by hand and it totally breaks emerge -u world.
>
> Same with 4.6 final. Users of 4.6 RC2 will have problems with emerge -u
> world.
>
> The unmask file is gone (I "ln -s" those from the overlay instead of
> copying them), so I remade one. If anyone wants it:
>
> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=9LdvvmKt

Added in overlay, thanks

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/kde.git;a=commit;h=75b07d8b2313bf54ebf149d846033f0 30e71e8e5