-   Gentoo Desktop (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-desktop/)
-   -   How to reinstall kde-meta (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-desktop/428784-how-reinstall-kde-meta.html)

Paul Stear 09-18-2010 03:42 PM

How to reinstall kde-meta

Hi all,
I'm sure the answer to this is simple but how do you re-emerge a meta pakage.
If I try emerge -avt kde-meta, none of the componant parts are re-installed.
Help please
Paul
--
This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.

Ladislav Laska 09-18-2010 04:03 PM

How to reinstall kde-meta

Hello,

this is not 'well defined request'. One would think, that you want

emerge -avet kde-meta

This _will_ do it, but you probably don't need to re-emerge
system-wide dependecies. What you could try is (if you don't have eix
already, get it in app-portage/eix):

emerge -av1 `eix '-I*' --format '<installedversions:NAMEASLOT>' ^kde-.*/`

This will re-emerge all ebuilds in kde-* categories that are currently
installed. This will be exactly the oposite, since you won't get some
packages rebuilt (f.e. qt is not in kde category, but is dependecy of
kde-meta).

I guess you could find useful this command if you're using kde overlay
(kde-sunset in my case)

eix --in-overlay kde-sunset '-I*' --format '<installedversions:NAMEASLOT>'

Did some of these do it?

Regards Ladislav Laska
S pozdravem Ladislav Laska
---
xmpp/jabber: ladislav.laska@jabber.cz

Crístian Viana 09-18-2010 04:52 PM

How to reinstall kde-meta

or you could try removing kde-meta, running emerge depclean to uninstall the packages that depended on it, and then re-emerging kde-meta.

András Csányi 09-18-2010 05:00 PM

How to reinstall kde-meta

On 18 September 2010 18:52, Crístian Viana <cristiandeives@gmail.com> wrote:
> or you could try removing kde-meta, running emerge depclean to uninstall the
> packages that depended on it, and then re-emerging kde-meta.

I think this way is the experienced way. :) The side effects of
running depclean can be interest. :) After this running revde-rebuild
it's recommended.

--
- -
--* Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)* -- http://sayusi.hu --

Ladislav Laska 09-18-2010 08:27 PM

How to reinstall kde-meta

Yes, this would be best, in case you have your dependency tree clean.

Regards Ladislav Laska
S pozdravem Ladislav Laska
---