Old 09-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Lindsay Haisley

Default Audio system control missing

I've just upgraded a laptop to Ubuntu 10.04, not without some problems,
and I note that the audio system control (icon - a little speaker) is
now missing from my main panel, nor I can I find it listed in the "Add
to Panel" dialog. Can someone tell me what's the underlying package or
name for this control and how do I restore it to a panel, or get to the
same functionality in some other way?

--
Lindsay Haisley | "Everything works if you let it"
FMP Computer Services |

Old 09-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Canek Peláez Valdés

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@fmp.com> wrote:
> I've just upgraded a laptop to Ubuntu 10.04, not without some problems,
> and I note that the audio system control (icon - a little speaker) is
> now missing from my main panel, nor I can I find it listed in the "Add
> to Panel" dialog. *Can someone tell me what's the underlying package or
> name for this control and how do I restore it to a panel, or get to the
> same functionality in some other way?

PulseAudio is responsible for that now.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Instituto de Matemáticas

Old 09-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Dale

Lindsay Haisley wrote:

I've just upgraded a laptop to Ubuntu 10.04, not without some problems,
and I note that the audio system control (icon - a little speaker) is
now missing from my main panel, nor I can I find it listed in the "Add
to Panel" dialog. Can someone tell me what's the underlying package or
name for this control and how do I restore it to a panel, or get to the
same functionality in some other way?

Are you talking about Kmixer? There is also alsamixer variants too.

You do know you are asking a Ubuntu question on a Gentoo mailing list?
May get better info from a Ubuntu mailing list. I have never even seen
Ubuntu, just heard of it.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 09-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Lindsay Haisley

On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 12:11 -0500, Dale wrote:
> You do know you are asking a Ubuntu question on a Gentoo mailing list?
> May get better info from a Ubuntu mailing list. I have never even seen
> Ubuntu, just heard of it.

Gaaa! Sorry. I run Gentoo on my desktop and Ubuntu on my lapotp. Not
enough coffee this morning, I guess. Chaos reigns!

--
Lindsay Haisley | "We have met the enemy, and it is us."
FMP Computer Services |