FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Desktop

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Serghei Amelian
 
Default porting trinity

Hello,

I started to port KDE trinity to kde-sunset (with cmake support).
There are my initial work: www.thel.ro/kde-sunset/kde-base.tar.bz2

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

PS: There are mailing lists of trinity project:
http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/mailing_lists/

Mr. Pearson start to porting trinity to tqtinterface, a thin wrapper over Qt3
(and will be available a Qt4 version too, which will permit to compile KDE3
applications against Qt4).

Any help are welcome.

--
Serghei
 
Old 09-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Roman
 
Default porting trinity

Hi Serghei,

On Monday 06 September 2010 01:06:45 Serghei Amelian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I started to port KDE trinity to kde-sunset (with cmake support).
> There are my initial work: www.thel.ro/kde-sunset/kde-base.tar.bz2
>
> Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
>
> PS: There are mailing lists of trinity project:
> http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/mailing_lists/
>
> Mr. Pearson start to porting trinity to tqtinterface, a thin wrapper over
> Qt3 (and will be available a Qt4 version too, which will permit to compile
> KDE3 applications against Qt4).
>
> Any help are welcome.

that is excellent news!
I tried to start with that before but never got around some initial errors....
i will have a look and try to help out as good as i can.


greetings,
Roman
--
"Hey Ivan, check your six."
-- Sidewinder missile jacket patch, showing a Sidewinder driving up the tail
of a Russian Su-27
 
Old 09-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Ladislav Laska
 
Default porting trinity

Hello,

good news indeed. I always wondered - do they release some partial
tarballs? I only found that huge blob with everything inside. How do
you want to solve this?

Anyway, I'd like to see your work in some git repository (github.com
could be a good start?), so I can easily watch it and probably help
out.

Regards Ladislav Laska
S pozdravem Ladislav Laska
---
xmpp/jabber: ladislav.laska@jabber.cz



On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Serghei Amelian <serghei@thel.ro> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I started to port KDE trinity to kde-sunset (with cmake support).
> There are my initial work: www.thel.ro/kde-sunset/kde-base.tar.bz2
>
> Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
>
> PS: There are mailing lists of trinity project:
> http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/mailing_lists/
>
> Mr. Pearson start to porting trinity to tqtinterface, a thin wrapper over Qt3
> (and will be available a Qt4 version too, which will permit to compile KDE3
> applications against Qt4).
>
> Any help are welcome.
>
> --
> Serghei
>
>
 
Old 09-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Serghei Amelian
 
Default porting trinity

On Monday 06 September 2010 12:17:32 Ladislav Laska wrote:
> Hello,
>
> good news indeed. I always wondered - do they release some partial
> tarballs? I only found that huge blob with everything inside. How do
> you want to solve this?

I'm not sure about release policy, right now I close follow the svn
repository. You can ask directly about these things on trinity mailing lists.

> Anyway, I'd like to see your work in some git repository (github.com
> could be a good start?), so I can easily watch it and probably help
> out.

Sure, is a good ideea.

> Regards Ladislav Laska
> S pozdravem Ladislav Laska
> ---
> xmpp/jabber: ladislav.laska@jabber.cz
[...]

--
Serghei
 
Old 09-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Roman
 
Default porting trinity

Hi,

i would be happy to provide the git-repository! If needed just drop me a mail.

On Monday 06 September 2010 11:17:32 Ladislav Laska wrote:
> Hello,
>
> good news indeed. I always wondered - do they release some partial
> tarballs? I only found that huge blob with everything inside. How do
> you want to solve this?
>
> Anyway, I'd like to see your work in some git repository (github.com
> could be a good start?), so I can easily watch it and probably help
> out.
>
> Regards Ladislav Laska
> S pozdravem Ladislav Laska
> ---
> xmpp/jabber: ladislav.laska@jabber.cz
>
> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Serghei Amelian <serghei@thel.ro> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I started to port KDE trinity to kde-sunset (with cmake support).
> > There are my initial work: www.thel.ro/kde-sunset/kde-base.tar.bz2
> >
> > Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
> >
> > PS: There are mailing lists of trinity project:
> > http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/mailing_lists/
> >
> > Mr. Pearson start to porting trinity to tqtinterface, a thin wrapper over
> > Qt3 (and will be available a Qt4 version too, which will permit to
> > compile KDE3 applications against Qt4).
> >
> > Any help are welcome.
> >
> > --
> > Serghei



greetings,
Roman
--
Although the moon is smaller than the earth, it is farther away.
 
Old 09-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Serghei Amelian
 
Default porting trinity

On Monday 06 September 2010 13:15:37 Serghei Amelian wrote:

[...]

> > Anyway, I'd like to see your work in some git repository (github.com
> > could be a good start?), so I can easily watch it and probably help
> > out.

I created two repositories:

1) http://github.com/serghei/kde-trinity-cmake (for cmake porting)
2) http://github.com/serghei/kde-trinity (for portage)

--
Serghei
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:20 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org