-   Gentoo Desktop (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-desktop/)
-   -   Future of KDE 3 (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-desktop/419117-future-kde-3-a.html)

Serghei Amelian 08-27-2010 10:54 AM

Future of KDE 3

An interview with Timothy Pearson, the founder of Trinity project:
http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3895091/Forking-KDE-3-Trinity-KDEs-Timothy-Pearson.htm
--
Serghei

Philip Webb 08-27-2010 02:03 PM

Future of KDE 3

100827 Serghei Amelian reported an interview with Timothy Pearson,
founder of Trinity project:
> http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3895091/Forking-KDE-3-Trinity-KDEs-Timothy-Pearson.htm

Thanks, it's very interesting & his efforts should help a lot of people.

FWIW I gave up on the KDE 4 desktop immediately & haven't returned:
my strong preference nowadays is Fluxbox, very simple & easy to configure.
On that, I run a number of KDE 4.4.5 apps, which have become quite usable.
I have the KDE 3.5 overlay for Kmahjongg Kworldclock Ksokoban :
as I've conquered all the levels in the last (some are very difficult!),
only the first 2 remain useful & if their vital features were added
to KDE 4 -- I've submitted bugs, so far without actual progress -- ,
I would use the KDE 4 versions too. Kmahjongg 4 lacks a display
of removed tiles, which spoils the otherwise delightful distraction;
Kworldclock's display of local times is sometimes very useful
& sb added to KDE 4 Marble, but so far they haven't done so.

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb