Old 07-29-2010, 07:46 AM
"Roman v. Gemmeren"

Default kmail-3.5.10 crashes

Hi List,
On Wednesday 28 July 2010 22:05:02 Serghei Amelian wrote:
> On Saturday 26 June 2010 21:52:13 Roman v. Gemmeren wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > anyone else experiencing crashes when hitting 'New Mail' or Send Mail
> > Button?
>
> I fixed this disabling DCOP interface for composer window. Maybe someone
> can dig deeper to figure out what happens actually. I'm not sure if the
> problem is in kmail or in dcop.

Thank you very much for that fix!
Just to give some feedback:
Now i can reply, or hit STRG+N for New Mail. But it still crashes every time
i hit the "New Mail"-Button...
Do you know if disabling dcop-interface has any other disadvantages?

greetings,
Roman

--
Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy
youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Ladislav Laska

Hello,

with dcop interface, you will probably not be able to integrate kmail
fully with other kde apps, since dcops is kinda cross-application
communication interface.

Regards Ladislav Laska
S pozdravem Ladislav Laska
---
xmpp/jabber: ladislav.laska@jabber.cz

Old 07-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Serghei Amelian

On Thursday 29 July 2010 10:46:13 Roman v. Gemmeren wrote:

[...]

> > I fixed this disabling DCOP interface for composer window. Maybe someone
> > can dig deeper to figure out what happens actually. I'm not sure if the
> > problem is in kmail or in dcop.
>
> Thank you very much for that fix!
> Just to give some feedback:
> Now i can reply, or hit STRG+N for New Mail. But it still crashes every
> time i hit the "New Mail"-Button...

I can't reproduce this problem, you can provide a trace?

Old 07-29-2010, 08:37 AM
"Roman v. Gemmeren"

On Thursday 29 July 2010 10:32:51 Serghei Amelian wrote:
> On Thursday 29 July 2010 10:46:13 Roman v. Gemmeren wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > > I fixed this disabling DCOP interface for composer window. Maybe
> > > someone can dig deeper to figure out what happens actually. I'm not
> > > sure if the problem is in kmail or in dcop.
> >
> > Thank you very much for that fix!
> > Just to give some feedback:
> > Now i can reply, or hit STRG+N for New Mail. But it still crashes every
> > time i hit the "New Mail"-Button...
>
> I can't reproduce this problem, you can provide a trace?

Would the kmail debug output enough or do you need an strace?

greetings,
Roman

--
The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward
parts of the belly.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Serghei Amelian

On Thursday 29 July 2010 11:37:38 Roman v. Gemmeren wrote:
> On Thursday 29 July 2010 10:32:51 Serghei Amelian wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 July 2010 10:46:13 Roman v. Gemmeren wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > Thank you very much for that fix!
> > > Just to give some feedback:
> > > Now i can reply, or hit STRG+N for New Mail. But it still crashes
> > > every time i hit the "New Mail"-Button...
> >
> > I can't reproduce this problem, you can provide a trace?
>
> Would the kmail debug output enough or do you need an strace?

A gdb backtrace.

Actually I just reproduced this crash, when I used kontact. When kmail is used
standalone, working well. Seems a DCOP problem too. I will try to investigate
deeper.

--
Serghei

Old 07-29-2010, 09:47 AM
"Roman v. Gemmeren"

On Thursday 29 July 2010 10:43:52 Serghei Amelian wrote:
> On Thursday 29 July 2010 11:37:38 Roman v. Gemmeren wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 July 2010 10:32:51 Serghei Amelian wrote:
> > > On Thursday 29 July 2010 10:46:13 Roman v. Gemmeren wrote:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > I can't reproduce this problem, you can provide a trace?
> >
> > Would the kmail debug output enough or do you need an strace?
>
> A gdb backtrace.
>
> Actually I just reproduced this crash, when I used kontact. When kmail is
> used standalone, working well. Seems a DCOP problem too. I will try to
> investigate deeper.

There is no real backtrace, but this is the output i got...

(gdb) kmail: Oops! No folder for message
kmail: Folder found: (nil)
kmail: Identity found: 2112278965
kdecore (KConfigSkeleton): Creating KConfigSkeleton (0x7fffffffba70)
kontact: Command: REM=
kontact: Command: -
kontact: Command: BLANK
kontact: Command: CURSOR
kmail: CharFreq returned 3/0.862745 and I chose quoted-printable
QComboBox::setCurrentItem: (Client) Index 1 out of range
sh: aspell: Kommando nicht gefunden.
kontact: KMComposeWin::slotUpdateFont
kmail: KMComposeWin::readConfig. Standard
kontact: KMComposeWin::slotUpdateFont
kmail: setting PlainText editor
kmail: KMComposeWin::rethinkFields
kmail: KMComposeWin::rethinkFields
kmail: [void KMComposeWin::initAutoSave()]
kmail: + Text/Plain
kmail: ObjectTreeParser:arseObjectTree( node OK, showOnlyOneMimePart:
FALSE )
kmail: BodyPartFormatterFactory: found 4 plugins.
kmail: BodyPartFormatterFactory: overwriting previously registered formatter
for "application/octet-stream"
kmail: BodyPartFormatterFactory: instantiating new Subtype Registry for "text"
kontact: UrlHandler() (iCalendar)
kmail: partNode::findType() is looking at Text/Plain
*** KMail got signal 11 (Crashing)
kmail: [virtual void KMComposeWin::autoSaveMessage()]
kmail: [virtual void KMComposeWin::autoSaveMessage()] autosaving message
kmail: entering KMComposeWin::applyChanges
kmail: KMAIL_DEBUG_COMPOSER_CRYPTO = FALSE
kmail: Added an <LF> on the last line
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kontact path = <unknown> pid = 5853
KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.

greetings,
Roman

--
And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth
with me in the dish.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:02 AM
"Roman v. Gemmeren"

On Thursday 29 July 2010 10:43:52 Serghei Amelian wrote:
> On Thursday 29 July 2010 11:37:38 Roman v. Gemmeren wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 July 2010 10:32:51 Serghei Amelian wrote:
> > > On Thursday 29 July 2010 10:46:13 Roman v. Gemmeren wrote:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > I can't reproduce this problem, you can provide a trace?
> >
> > Would the kmail debug output enough or do you need an strace?
>
> A gdb backtrace.
>
> Actually I just reproduced this crash, when I used kontact. When kmail is
> used standalone, working well. Seems a DCOP problem too. I will try to
> investigate deeper.

sorry for the previous mail...

you are correct, it crashes only within kontact.

Please find attached the correct backtrace.

greetings,
Roman

--
And his servants arose, and made a conspiracy, and slew Joash in the
house of Millo, which goeth down to Silla.