-   Gentoo Desktop (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-desktop/)
-   -   Undoing the qt3 mask (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-desktop/334112-undoing-qt3-mask.html)

Ben de Groot 03-01-2010 07:30 PM

Undoing the qt3 mask

I have just masked x11-libs/qt-3* and its reverse dependencies, as
well as the qt3 useflag in the portage tree. Users/maintainers of the
kde-sunset overlay may want to reverse these changes locally or in the
overlay. You can easily grab the list of masked packages/ebuilds from
/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask as it is currently at the top of
this file. You would also need to add "-qt3" to your
/etc/portage/profile/use.mask or profiles/use.mask in the overlay. (At
least, I think it should be overridable in the overlay, but I'm not
100% sure. I am sure you can do it locally.)

Cheers,
--
Ben de Groot
Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)

Martin von Gagern 03-08-2010 10:22 AM

Undoing the qt3 mask

On 01.03.2010 21:30, Ben de Groot wrote:
> You would also need to add "-qt3" to your
> /etc/portage/profile/use.mask or profiles/use.mask in the overlay. (At
> least, I think it should be overridable in the overlay, but I'm not
> 100% sure. I am sure you can do it locally.)

I fear it's not possible. I've just added -qt3 to my local copy of
kde-sunset/profiles/use.mask and emerge -p poppler still lists "(-qt3)"
among the USE flags.

According to zmedico on IRC, that's a feature, not a bug. So in our
case, users have to do this:

mkdir -p /etc/portage/profile
echo -qt3 >> /etc/portage/profile/use.mask

Will add something to that effect to the README... 6a77cf6

Greetings,
Martin