Old 02-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Theo Chatzimichos

Default Enterprise USE flag for kdepim stuff

As discussed in the KDE meeting today (part of the summary):

6) enterprise useflag for kdepim stuff (a use flag to follow the enterprise
branch of the kdepim repo, only for trunk)
The problem is that kdepim in trunk currently is broken, more specifically
kmail as mail storage is being migrated to akonadi, and it seems it will stay
broken for a while. Tampakrap tried to package the enterprise branch a week
ago, but some packages failed to compile, so it may need more work. There is
also an enterprise switch in CMakeLists.txt, but since we are splitting the
module, we need a new batch kdepim ebuilds that will block the current kdepim
ones. This will allow us to have an always working kdepim though. It seems a
lot of work that noone seemed interested to do, so we decided to announce it
in gentoo-desktop mailing list and call for help. Tampakrap will do it.
Speaking of trunk, we also discussed about the 4.5 snapshots, and if we should
provide them. We decided that since kdepim is broken, we won't package them
yet, until version 4.4.70. Alexxy will take care of them.

I guess the above says it all. So we are looking for ideas and volunteers for
this. I'd say the development can start in kde-crazy, as i don't want to mess
with the kde overlay. I still have some eclasses and a few ebuilds, but it's
not complete yet. I can push in two days.

--
Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap)
Gentoo KDE Team