Old 12-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Markos Chandras

Default Meeting 17 Dec Qt team

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 16:25:18 Ben de Groot wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As per our regular schedule the Qt team has a meeting this thursday at
> 1900 UTC. It is expected to last until 1945 UTC, after which the KDE
> team can have their meeting, if they wish to do so. The meeting will
> take place in #gentoo-meetings on freenode. All team members are
> expected to be present. Let us know if you can't make it. I am
> attaching the agenda. Send a reply to this mail if you have any
> amendments or additions. See you there!
>
> Cheers,

Hey all

I have some additions/corrections if I may

First of all, as I said yesterday, the qt4 ebuild how to guide[1] needs to be
updated. I tried to make a start[2] but I need at least one member of Qt herd
to help me with this. I think 2 members ( me and another one ) are more than
enough to work on this but you are welcome to help us if you feel like. I like
this documentation to be up2date by the end of this week.

Second, about the argument 7. Unless you mean the Qt split modules, I think
this argument is useless. Each one of us is maintaining several Qt
applications. I think there is no need to act as a herd and stabilize some of
this packages. The packagers should take care of their packages and stabilize
them when they feel like it's time to. But we can have a further discussion
about this if you like

So, see you tomorrow
--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sound/Sunrise/Kernel/Bug-wrangler]

Old 12-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Markos Chandras

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 19:20:09 Dominik Kapusta wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 December 2009 16:25:18 Ben de Groot wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As per our regular schedule the Qt team has a meeting this thursday at
> > 1900 UTC. It is expected to last until 1945 UTC, after which the KDE
> > team can have their meeting, if they wish to do so. The meeting will
> > take place in #gentoo-meetings on freenode. All team members are
> > expected to be present. Let us know if you can't make it. I am
> > attaching the agenda. Send a reply to this mail if you have any
> > amendments or additions. See you there!
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to suggest removing [debug?] USE dependencies on Qt ebuilds for
> Qt- based apps.
> This is simply not needed for normal people
>
> Cheers,
> Dominik

Why? Some ( few but still ) might want this. No harm to use it. But still this
can be added to our agenda. Ben what do you think?

Old 12-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Ben de Groot

Old 12-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Ben de Groot

Due to continued DDoS attack on Freenode, resulting in frequent
netsplits, we are moving the meeting location to the OFTC network, on
the #gentoo-qt channel. The agenda is now online at [1], where it can
be editted by team members who have access to our gitorious repo.

1: http://gitorious.org/gentoo-qt/pages/Meeting20091217

Cheers,
--
Ben de Groot
Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)

Old 12-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Theo Chatzimichos

On Thursday 17 December 2009 18:08:31 Ben de Groot wrote:
> Due to continued DDoS attack on Freenode, resulting in frequent
> netsplits, we are moving the meeting location to the OFTC network, on
> the #gentoo-qt channel. The agenda is now online at [1], where it can
> be editted by team members who have access to our gitorious repo.
>
> 1: http://gitorious.org/gentoo-qt/pages/Meeting20091217
>
> Cheers,

Could you plz move it to gentoo-meetings so we can have the kde meeting
afterwards there? thanks

--
Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap)
Gentoo KDE Team

Old 12-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Ben de Groot

2009/12/17 Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@gentoo.org>:
> On Thursday 17 December 2009 18:08:31 Ben de Groot wrote:
>> Due to continued DDoS attack on Freenode, resulting in frequent
>> netsplits, we are moving the meeting location to the OFTC network, on
>> the #gentoo-qt channel. The agenda is now online at [1], where it can
>> be editted by team members who have access to our gitorious repo.
>>
>> 1: http://gitorious.org/gentoo-qt/pages/Meeting20091217
>>
>> Cheers,
>>

> Could you plz move it to gentoo-meetings so we can have the kde meeting
> afterwards there? thanks
>
> --
> Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap)
> Gentoo KDE Team

On request, we will meet in #gentoo-meetings on OFTC today. See you there!