Old 02-17-2009, 03:52 AM
Lindsay Haisley

Default Getting Minefield to play nice with Java

It seems that getting any of the Mozilla family of browsers to play nice
with Java is always a hassle, but Minefield 3.0.5 gave me more fits than
usual. I tried symlinking each of the 11 different copies of
libjavaplugin_oji.so into /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins and all I got was
either crashes or NullPointerException errors in the Java console.

I finally found the following URL:

<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6746973#post6746973>

This solution worked perfectly for me, first time!

I set 'java.default_java_location_others' to /usr/lib/jvm/sun-jdk-1.6
and I was off an running.

Just had to share .....

--
Lindsay Haisley | "Never expect the people who caused a problem
FMP Computer Services | to solve it." (Albert Einstein)