Old 02-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Maciej Mrozowski

Default kde4 eclasses - update proposal

After excess flood I accidentally caused last time on #gentoo-kde trying to
paste some links I decided to longer paste in KDE (damn klipper) any text
contents to chat box...

Anyway - eclass changes:
- full SLOT="4.3" support
- "new" unstable snapshots support (upstream decided to rename tarballs to
${KMNAME}-${PV}.svn${revision}.tar.bz2)
- added missing variable quoting in some places
- added debug-print-function to every exported (by eclass) function
- for KMNAME starting with extragear or playground - eclass inherited decides
about ESVN_REPO_URI so that now it's possible to make "split" ebuilds for
stuff in there (like plasmoids - example is kde-plasmoids/menubar-9999 in kde-
testing overlay) only inheriting kde4-meta ("monolithic" live ebuilds like
let's say amarok inherit just kde4-base).

--
regards
MM

Zostan mistrzem parkowania w Bombaju!
Zagraj >> http://link.interia.pl/f204e

Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Donnie Berkholz

On 23:29 Tue 03 Feb , Maciej Mrozowski wrote:
> After excess flood I accidentally caused last time on #gentoo-kde trying to
> paste some links I decided to longer paste in KDE (damn klipper) any text
> contents to chat box...
>
> Anyway - eclass changes:
> - full SLOT="4.3" support
> - "new" unstable snapshots support (upstream decided to rename tarballs to
> ${KMNAME}-${PV}.svn${revision}.tar.bz2)
> - added missing variable quoting in some places
> - added debug-print-function to every exported (by eclass) function
> - for KMNAME starting with extragear or playground - eclass inherited decides
> about ESVN_REPO_URI so that now it's possible to make "split" ebuilds for
> stuff in there (like plasmoids - example is kde-plasmoids/menubar-9999 in kde-
> testing overlay) only inheriting kde4-meta ("monolithic" live ebuilds like
> let's say amarok inherit just kde4-base).

When you commit this stuff, please separate it (at a minimum) into a
stylistic commit and a commit that actually changes the function.

--
Thanks,
Donnie

Donnie Berkholz