-   Gentoo Desktop (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-desktop/)
-   -   KDE live ebuilds and the kdeprefix USE flag default (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-desktop/222284-kde-live-ebuilds-kdeprefix-use-flag-default.html)

"Marcus D. Hanwell" 01-04-2009 04:14 PM

KDE live ebuilds and the kdeprefix USE flag default

Hi,

I wanted to raise this, and it should possibly be an issue we discuss at
the next meeting. Should all live ebuilds default to +kdeprefix?

Personally I think they should. Anyone wanting an all -kdeprefix system
can set -kdeprefix in their make.conf, and those of us keeping a stable
in -kdeprefix, and a live in +kdeprefix can continue to do this.

When I originally committed the eclass changes to the default for live
ebuilds this was the case. It was since changed without any discussion.
I think the previous behaviour represents the most flexible approach for
our user and development community.

Is there a flaw in this logic? As far as I can see anyone wanting the
current behaviour can add a line to their make.conf, the old behaviour
is impossible to reproduce now without maintaining a patched
kde4-base.eclass.

Thanks,

Marcus