Old 12-31-2008, 04:50 AM
Lindsay Haisley

Default Printing disabled in Evolution

I'm running the Evolution groupware stuff in Gnome on a Gentoo-based
desktop box. I have several printers available, both locally and on the
network, managed by CUPS, however Evolution refuses to use them,
apparently by configuration or design. When I try to print, the "Print"
button is greyed and disabled. All printers are listed in the printer
listing, but the only selection I can make in this list which will
enable the Print button is "Print to File".

Any ideas?

--
Lindsay Haisley | "The difference between | PGP public key
FMP Computer Services | a duck is that one leg | available at

Old 12-31-2008, 05:02 AM
Lindsay Haisley

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 23:50 -0600, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> I'm running the Evolution groupware stuff in Gnome on a Gentoo-based
> desktop box. I have several printers available, both locally and on the
> network, managed by CUPS, however Evolution refuses to use them,
> apparently by configuration or design. When I try to print, the "Print"
> button is greyed and disabled. All printers are listed in the printer
> listing, but the only selection I can make in this list which will
> enable the Print button is "Print to File".
>
> Any ideas?

When I run Evolution from a CLI, I get the following message when I try
to select one of the printers in the printing dialog:

** (evolution:18664): WARNING **: NOT IMPLEMENTED: We need to prompt for authorization in a non blocking manner

I have exactly the same version of Evolution (2.22.3.1) running on my
laptop (running Ubuntu) and it has no problem with printing.

I'm not sure if I should file a bug on this or not, since there seems to
be some (misguided!) intention behind it.

--
Lindsay Haisley | "The voice of dissent | PGP public key
FMP Computer Services | was arrested before the | available at