Old 06-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Lindsay Haisley

Default Keyboard and numlock problem

I'm having a bit of a problem here with the numlock key in Gnome. In
short, it doesn't work. The numlock light toggles on and off when I hit
the numlock key but the keys behave as if numlock were off, regardless.
The keybaord is a KeyTronic Lifetime pc104 keyboard - about a generic as
it gets, and the keypad used to work properly, but after a series of
upgrades of Gnome and other components it doesn't work.

The numlock key work properly in the gdm login and in terminal mode. X
has the "kbd" driver loaded and "XkbModel" set to pc104. I've looked at
gconf, and tinkered with settings under System | Preferences | Keyboard
(supposedly depreciated) but nothing changes.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
Lindsay Haisley | "It is better to bite | PGP public key
FMP Computer Services | a single cannibal than | available at

Old 06-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Lindsay Haisley

On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 18:53 -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> The numlock key work properly in the gdm login and in terminal mode. X
> has the "kbd" driver loaded and "XkbModel" set to pc104. I've looked at
> gconf, and tinkered with settings under System | Preferences | Keyboard
> (supposedly depreciated) but nothing changes.

I should add here that this seems to be a Gnome issue. The numlock key
works properly in KDE, too.

--
Lindsay Haisley | "In an open world, | PGP public key
FMP Computer Services | who needs Windows | available at