Old 06-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Sebastian Pipping

Default Catalyst 2.0.9 tagged but no ebuild in Gentoo?

Hi there,

it seems there is a tag

CATALYST-2.0.9

in Git but no trace of an ebuild in Gentoo. If there is purpose here,
have you considered adding a masked ebuild, instead? What is your
motivation for the current approach?

Best,

Sebastian

Old 06-25-2012, 04:03 AM
Matt Turner

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> it seems there is a tag
>
> *CATALYST-2.0.9
>
> in Git but no trace of an ebuild in Gentoo. *If there is purpose here,
> have you considered adding a masked ebuild, instead? *What is your
> motivation for the current approach?

Weird. That must be a mistake.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:17 PM
"Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto"

Old 07-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Sebastian Pipping

Hello Jorge,

On 06/25/2012 02:17 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
>> it seems there is a tag
>
>> CATALYST-2.0.9
>
>> in Git but no trace of an ebuild in Gentoo. If there is purpose
>> here, have you considered adding a masked ebuild, instead?
>> What is your motivation for the current approach?
>
> This isn't a "bug". I've tagged the release to test a few things
> related to the move from make.conf and make.profile from /etc to
> /etc/portage. I'll add the ebuild to the tree in a few days.

It's been two weeks. Please add an ebuild for 2.0.9 to give
interested users of catalyst the chance to check it out. If you feel
it's too "hot" for mass consumption please mask it one way
(package.mask) or another (KEYWORDS="").

For the future I propose we really release releases (i.e. git tag,
tarball and and ebuild) or to make no release tag if if there is no
release. For plain testing a git-describe-like label and a snapshot
should be sufficient to my understanding:

# git describe --tags | sed 's|^CATALYST-||'
2.0.9-262-gb3a0ffb

Thanks!

Best,

Sebastian

Old 07-10-2012, 03:19 AM
Matt Turner

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Hello Jorge,
>

> On 06/25/2012 02:17 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
>>> it seems there is a tag
>>
>>> CATALYST-2.0.9
>>
>>> in Git but no trace of an ebuild in Gentoo. If there is purpose
>>> here, have you considered adding a masked ebuild, instead?
>>> What is your motivation for the current approach?
>>
>> This isn't a "bug". I've tagged the release to test a few things
>> related to the move from make.conf and make.profile from /etc to
>> /etc/portage. I'll add the ebuild to the tree in a few days.
>
> It's been two weeks. Please add an ebuild for 2.0.9 to give
> interested users of catalyst the chance to check it out. If you feel
> it's too "hot" for mass consumption please mask it one way
> (package.mask) or another (KEYWORDS="").
>
> For the future I propose we really release releases (i.e. git tag,
> tarball and and ebuild) or to make no release tag if if there is no
> release.

I completely agree with all of this.