-   Gentoo Catalyst (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/)
-   -   Catalyst 2.0.9 tagged but no ebuild in Gentoo? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/676672-catalyst-2-0-9-tagged-but-no-ebuild-gentoo.html)

Sebastian Pipping 06-24-2012 11:36 PM

Catalyst 2.0.9 tagged but no ebuild in Gentoo?

Hi there,

it seems there is a tag

CATALYST-2.0.9

in Git but no trace of an ebuild in Gentoo. If there is purpose here,
have you considered adding a masked ebuild, instead? What is your
motivation for the current approach?

Best,

Sebastian

Matt Turner 06-25-2012 04:03 AM

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> it seems there is a tag
>
> *CATALYST-2.0.9
>
> in Git but no trace of an ebuild in Gentoo. *If there is purpose here,
> have you considered adding a masked ebuild, instead? *What is your
> motivation for the current approach?

Weird. That must be a mistake.

"Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" 06-25-2012 12:17 PM

Catalyst 2.0.9 tagged but no ebuild in Gentoo?

Sebastian Pipping 07-09-2012 04:59 PM

Catalyst 2.0.9 tagged but no ebuild in Gentoo?

Hello Jorge,

On 06/25/2012 02:17 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
>> it seems there is a tag
>
>> CATALYST-2.0.9
>
>> in Git but no trace of an ebuild in Gentoo. If there is purpose
>> here, have you considered adding a masked ebuild, instead?
>> What is your motivation for the current approach?
>
> This isn't a "bug". I've tagged the release to test a few things
> related to the move from make.conf and make.profile from /etc to
> /etc/portage. I'll add the ebuild to the tree in a few days.

It's been two weeks. Please add an ebuild for 2.0.9 to give
interested users of catalyst the chance to check it out. If you feel
it's too "hot" for mass consumption please mask it one way
(package.mask) or another (KEYWORDS="").

For the future I propose we really release releases (i.e. git tag,
tarball and and ebuild) or to make no release tag if if there is no
release. For plain testing a git-describe-like label and a snapshot
should be sufficient to my understanding:

# git describe --tags | sed 's|^CATALYST-||'
2.0.9-262-gb3a0ffb

Thanks!

Best,

Sebastian

Matt Turner 07-10-2012 03:19 AM

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Hello Jorge,
>

> On 06/25/2012 02:17 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
>>> it seems there is a tag
>>
>>> CATALYST-2.0.9
>>
>>> in Git but no trace of an ebuild in Gentoo. If there is purpose
>>> here, have you considered adding a masked ebuild, instead?
>>> What is your motivation for the current approach?
>>
>> This isn't a "bug". I've tagged the release to test a few things
>> related to the move from make.conf and make.profile from /etc to
>> /etc/portage. I'll add the ebuild to the tree in a few days.
>
> It's been two weeks. Please add an ebuild for 2.0.9 to give
> interested users of catalyst the chance to check it out. If you feel
> it's too "hot" for mass consumption please mask it one way
> (package.mask) or another (KEYWORDS="").
>
> For the future I propose we really release releases (i.e. git tag,
> tarball and and ebuild) or to make no release tag if if there is no
> release.

I completely agree with all of this.