-   Gentoo Catalyst (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/)
-   -   forcing a package to recompile (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/55228-forcing-package-recompile.html)

"Lanza Fabrizio" 02-14-2008 07:16 AM

forcing a package to recompile

Title: Messaggio

*Hi,
I am using catalyst
for a livecd. When I reached livecd-stage1, one package failed because it needs
qt compiled with different USE flags.
I have all the
autoresume, autochache, and whatever, set for catalyst.
I already put the
correct USE flags in package.use, but basically I cannot get qt recompiled. So,
it always hangs at the same place.
*
Is there a way to
tell catalyst that qt is not installed, so that it will install it again? Or a
way to force its reinstall? I could delete it also from the temp snapshot... but
what would I have to delete?
*
*Thank
you.

Andrew Gaffney 02-14-2008 04:08 PM

Lanza Fabrizio wrote:

Hi,
I am using catalyst for a livecd. When I reached livecd-stage1, one
package failed because it needs qt compiled with different USE flags.

I have all the autoresume, autochache, and whatever, set for catalyst.
I already put the correct USE flags in package.use, but basically I
cannot get qt recompiled. So, it always hangs at the same place.

Is there a way to tell catalyst that qt is not installed, so that it
will install it again? Or a way to force its reinstall? I could delete
it also from the temp snapshot... but what would I have to delete?

Are you using -* in your livecd/use? If so, that overrides anything set in
package.use.

Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator