-   Gentoo Catalyst (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/)
-   -   Missing /usr/src in installcd-stage3-minimal (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/548970-missing-usr-src-installcd-stage3-minimal.html)

Zachary Bedell 07-06-2011 05:28 PM

Missing /usr/src in installcd-stage3-minimal

Greetings all,

I'm just beginning to play with Catalyst to create custom installcd images. I've started with the Gentoo releng spec files from svn://anonsvn.gentoo.org/releng/trunk/releases/weekly/specs/amd64. I managed to get through stage1-3 and installcd-stage1 without any trouble.

Running installcd-stage2-minimal dies when trying to run Genkernel with "ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/src/linux': No such file or directory". I hacked the kmerge.sh script to drop to a shell right after that happened and found that there was no /usr/src directory in the chroot. Doing a `mkdir -p /usr/src` right before the ln call, and everything seems to work out after that.

I'm assuming something probably went wrong in an earlier stage, but I don't know enough about Catalyst yet to know quite where to look.

I can post spec files if they'd help, but I'm using stock from SVN with just some version number's changed around. Does anyone have a guess where I might look, or is there any chance this might be a bug in the kmerge.sh script? I'm using catalyst-2.0.6.916 at this point, but I may just give the -9999 build a try to see if that fixed the issue.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Zac Bedell