Old 06-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Sebastian Pipping

Default Differences between 2.x and 3.x, future merging

Hello!

The current process of copying changes from 2.x to 3.x or vice versa is
suboptimal, especially with no recent merge commit around.

I would like to start this thread to list and discuss differences
between catalyst 2.x and 3.x so we can then decide what needs to be
merged in which direction and then have a single branch soon (ideally)
or at least two branches with clear and to-the-point diffs.

Difference I have noticed (without searching) so far:

- Subarch "sh4aeb" is not supported on 3.x but 2.x

- Folder ./arch of 2.x is ./modules/catalyst/arch in 3.x

Please add any differences you are aware of. Many thanks!

Best,

Sebastian

Old 06-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Matt Turner

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Hello!
>

> The current process of copying changes from 2.x to 3.x or vice versa is
> suboptimal, especially with no recent merge commit around.
>
> I would like to start this thread to list and discuss differences
> between catalyst 2.x and 3.x so we can then decide what needs to be
> merged in which direction and then have a single branch soon (ideally)
> or at least two branches with clear and to-the-point diffs.
>
> Difference I have noticed (without searching) so far:
>
> *- Subarch "sh4aeb" is not supported on 3.x but 2.x
>
> *- Folder ./arch of 2.x is ./modules/catalyst/arch in 3.x
>
> Please add any differences you are aware of. *Many thanks!
>
> Best,
>

> Sebastian

WilliamH was just trying to determine this for himself on
#gentoo-releng a few minutes ago. CC'ing him here.

Matt