Old 06-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Sebastian Pipping

Default Supressing (repeated) portage news hints?

Hello!

During a run of catalyst portage news hints show up several times:

> * IMPORTANT: 3 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
> * Use eselect news to read news items.

I count 6 times for my run. What do you think about integrating an
invocation to

eselect news read --quiet all

early in the process?

Best,

Sebastian

Old 06-24-2011, 01:20 AM
Sebastian Pipping

On 06/22/2011 11:44 PM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> What do you think about integrating an
> invocation to
>
> eselect news read --quiet all
>
> early in the process?

drakside came up with the idea of

FEATURES="-news"

which has the benefit that it would limit news suppression to the
catalyst run.

i propose to add "-news" to FEATURES everywhere in catalyst. Any
objections?

Best,

Sebastian

Old 06-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Matt Turner

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 06/22/2011 11:44 PM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
>> What do you think about integrating an
>> invocation to
>>
>> * eselect news read --quiet all
>>
>> early in the process?
>
> drakside came up with the idea of
>
> *FEATURES="-news"
>
> which has the benefit that it would limit news suppression to the
> catalyst run.
>
> i propose to add "-news" to FEATURES everywhere in catalyst. *Any
> objections?
>
> Best,
>

> Sebastian

Seems like a good idea to me.