-   Gentoo Catalyst (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/)
-   -   Supressing (repeated) portage news hints? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/543086-supressing-repeated-portage-news-hints.html)

Sebastian Pipping 06-22-2011 09:44 PM

Supressing (repeated) portage news hints?

Hello!

During a run of catalyst portage news hints show up several times:

> * IMPORTANT: 3 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
> * Use eselect news to read news items.

I count 6 times for my run. What do you think about integrating an
invocation to

eselect news read --quiet all

early in the process?

Best,

Sebastian

Sebastian Pipping 06-24-2011 01:20 AM

On 06/22/2011 11:44 PM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> What do you think about integrating an
> invocation to
>
> eselect news read --quiet all
>
> early in the process?

drakside came up with the idea of

FEATURES="-news"

which has the benefit that it would limit news suppression to the
catalyst run.

i propose to add "-news" to FEATURES everywhere in catalyst. Any
objections?

Best,

Sebastian

Matt Turner 06-25-2011 05:30 PM

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 06/22/2011 11:44 PM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
>> What do you think about integrating an
>> invocation to
>>
>> * eselect news read --quiet all
>>
>> early in the process?
>
> drakside came up with the idea of
>
> *FEATURES="-news"
>
> which has the benefit that it would limit news suppression to the
> catalyst run.
>
> i propose to add "-news" to FEATURES everywhere in catalyst. *Any
> objections?
>
> Best,
>

> Sebastian

Seems like a good idea to me.

Matt

Sebastian Pipping 06-25-2011 06:48 PM

Supressing (repeated) portage news hints?

Done.

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/catalyst.git;a=commitdiff;h=4a10f33d643543aedf22bb a9947d099de9996c1d

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/catalyst.git;a=commitdiff;h=60068996b501a4fa8e9780 c6119bf21c31f1fe50

Sebastian

Artanin 06-25-2011 06:49 PM

Supressing (repeated) portage news hints?

unsuscribe