Old 06-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Sebastian Pipping

Default Branches catalyst_2 and master

Hello!

I noticed that the latest release of catalyst (2.0.6.916) was made from
branch catalyst_2, not master. I wonder if this transition would make
sense:

"catalyst_2" -> new "master"
"master" -> new "catalyst_3"

Before-mentioned switch would show visitors of

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/catalyst.git;a=summary

commits that they could relate to, better.

Are you relying on dev-util/catalyst-9999 to ship catalyst 2.99/3.x?
Updating the live ebuild would be easy.

Thanks for consideration.

Sebastian

PS: I have just brought the catalyst ebuilds 2.0.6.916
and 9999 back in sync.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Sebastian Pipping

On 06/22/2011 10:18 PM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I noticed that the latest release of catalyst (2.0.6.916) was made from
> branch catalyst_2, not master. I wonder if this transition would make
> sense:
>
> "catalyst_2" -> new "master"
> "master" -> new "catalyst_3"

For the record: today's chat on gentoo-dev IRC resulted in an agreement
that flipping master is not a good idea, mainly because of the forced
push that would be required.

Best,

Sebastian