Old 02-08-2008, 02:14 PM
"Tais M. Hansen"

Default livecd

On Friday 08 February 2008 15:56:08 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
> Tais M. Hansen wrote:
> > The other part is sqashfs. Apparently something is wrong with the
> > generated squashfs image. I'm getting "Invalid argument" error when
> > trying to mount it on the livecd and the following errors when I try to
> > mount it on the build system, where catalyst is run:
> Nothing is "wrong" with squashfs. It's just that squashfs-tools-3.3
> generate the squashfs in a different format than 3.2, and
> gentoo-sources-2.6.24 is the first kernel that's patched with support for
> the new 3.3 format.

I know that now. ... Anyway, it threw me off saying it was generating
a "little endian 3.1 squashfs image" (or something like that).

I got it working using zisofs instead for now. I have a few servers I need to
install.

Thanks though.

Tais M. Hansen

Old 08-21-2008, 12:17 PM
"Litus Mayol i Ricart"

Hi!

I've UbuntuStudio (UbuS) since a year ago. But 'till nowÂ* I haven't get too much involved. So I can work with it and do some things (some pretty honorable), but don't really now a lot about it. So maybe its an obviously thing but I'm still being a newbie.

Can anyone explain me why UbuS appears as a flavour of Ubuntu but there are not official LiveCD/download? I mean, does exist the Alternate, no? Why there is not a LiveCD? Why when you enter in the Ubuntu home they talk about Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu... But not UbuS.

Thanks and pardon the newbie.
--
Carles Mayol i Ricart

Rocker, socialdemocrata, independentista, culĂ©, republicĂ*, ubuntaire i catòlic
~-AMANI→[ser la 6a part d'alguna cosa]

Old 08-21-2008, 12:28 PM
"Cory K."

Litus Mayol i Ricart wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've *UbuntuStudio* (UbuS) since a year ago. But 'till now I haven't
> get too much involved. So I can work with it and do some things (some
> pretty honorable), but don't really now a lot about it. So maybe its
> an obviously thing but I'm still being a newbie.
>
> Can anyone explain me why *UbuS* appears as a flavour of *Ubuntu* but
> there are not official LiveCD/download? I mean, does exist the
> Alternate, no? Why there is not a LiveCD? Why when you enter in the
> *Ubuntu* home they talk about *Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu*... But not
> *UbuS*.
>
> Thanks and pardon the newbie.
> *--
> Carles Mayol i Ricart*
There is no live disk because: 1) We are aiming at machines where this
is to be installed only. Not run live. 2) No "CD" because in order to
provide the items most users wanted it wouldn't fit on a CD. 3) It's
another disk to maintain.

That's the short of it.

-Cory K.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:07 PM
"Litus Mayol i Ricart"

Easy, simple and fast. Thanks Cory!

And another question related... Why it doesn't appears here? I mean, if Edubuntu is there (and it doesn't have a different desktop) appears, why not UbuntuStudio? Because.. Is it an official flavour, no?

Old 08-21-2008, 02:12 PM
"Cory K."

Litus Mayol i Ricart wrote:
> And another question related... Why it doesn't appears here
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases>? I mean, if Edubuntu is there (and
> it doesn't have a different desktop) appears, why not UbuntuStudio?
> Because.. Is it an official flavour, no?

'Tis there now.

Just a note, do not top post. (Google will help with what it means)

-Cory K.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:17 PM
"Litus Mayol i Ricart"

Litus Mayol i Ricart wrote:

> And another question related... Why it doesn't appears here

> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases>? I mean, if Edubuntu is there (and

> it doesn't have a different desktop) appears, why not UbuntuStudio?

> Because.. Is it an official flavour, no?

'Tis there now.

Just a note, do not top post. (Google will help with what it means)

-Cory K.

Understood! Thanks anyway!