-   Gentoo Catalyst (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/)
-   -   setarch blocked by util-linux (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/47864-setarch-blocked-util-linux.html)

Andrew Gaffney 02-05-2008 03:16 PM

setarch blocked by util-linux

Derek Fedel wrote:

I know! I know! 2.0.5 isn't supposed to have this problem. Let me
explain, I've got a brand new install of 2007.0, a fresh copy of
portage, and this as my spec file:

How many times do we have to say this? :P

If you're going to build your own CD, you also need to build your own set of
stages with the same snapshot. This is the *only* way to completely avoid the
various upgrade blockers that occur in the tree.

Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator

"Derek Fedel" 02-05-2008 03:24 PM

setarch blocked by util-linux

Ah, silly me. I should've figured it was something along those lines,
but I had read mention of catalyst not forcing setarch anymore in the
ChangeLog and got confused, I guess. Thanks, and sorry for the now
seemingly inane question.