Old 02-05-2008, 03:09 PM
"Derek Fedel"

Default setarch blocked by util-linux

I know! I know! 2.0.5 isn't supposed to have this problem. Let me
explain, I've got a brand new install of 2007.0, a fresh copy of
portage, and this as my spec file:

subarch: amd64
version_stamp: 2008.taco
target: livecd-stage1
rel_type: default
profile: default-linux/amd64/2007.0
snapshot: snapshot
source_subpath: stage3-amd64-2007.0
livecd/use:
-X
-gtk
-gtk2
-kde
-arts
-alsa
-avi
-cdr
-cups
-esd
gphoto2
acpi
-dvd
-dvdr
-emacs
-ethereal
f77
-fbcon
-ginac
-odbc
-plotutils
-ppds
-samba
-sse
usb
-wmf
-xml
-xosd
-gnome
-opengl
-oss
-sdl
-spell
-truetype

livecd/packages:
baselayout
module-init-tools
hotplug
syslog-ng
pciutils
strace
nfs-utils
usbutils
e2fsprogs
reiserfsprogs
nano
less
openssh
dhcpcd
mingetty
screen
iputils
tcptraceroute
ethtool
libusb
grub
gentoolkit

But when I run catalyst -a -v -f testmini.spec (said specfile from
above), catalyst crashes out and gives me:

[blocks B ] sys-apps/setarch (is blocking sys-apps/util-linux-2.13-r2)

Total: 38 packages (11 upgrades, 27 new, 1 block), Size of downloads: 15,885 kB

!!! Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be installed
!!! at the same time on the same system.

For more information about Blocked Packages, please refer to the following
section of the Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook (architecture is irrelevant):

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#blocked

!!! catalyst: Error in attempt to build packages

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "modules/generic_stage_target.py", line 1200, in build_packages
" build_packages "+mypack,"Error in attempt to build packages",env=self.env)
File "/usr/lib/catalyst/modules/catalyst_support.py", line 486, in cmd
raise CatalystError,myexc
CatalystError: <unprintable instance object>
None

!!! catalyst: livecdbuild aborting due to error.

!!! catalyst: Error encountered during run of target livecd-stage1

Catalyst aborting....
lockfile does not exist
'/var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/default/livecd-stage1-amd64-2008.taco/.catalyst_lock'

I've read in numerous places how to fix this if its breaking portage
on a live system, they say to just unmerge setarch, so I went ahead
and did that, but it still hates me.

Does anyone have any tips? Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!