Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo Catalyst (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/)
-   -   chroot: failed to run command `/tmp/stage1-preclean-chroot.sh': No such file or directory (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/452830-chroot-failed-run-command-tmp-stage1-preclean-chroot-sh-no-such-file-directory.html)

Matt Turner 11-15-2010 02:42 PM

chroot: failed to run command `/tmp/stage1-preclean-chroot.sh': No such file or directory
 
At the end of my stage1 build, I get (sorry for gmail's linewraps)

"""
removing /space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/chroot-functions.sh
from the chroot
--- Running action sequence: preclean
copying stage1-preclean-chroot.sh to
/space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/tmp/
copying chroot-functions.sh to
/space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/tmp/
Running stage1-preclean-chroot.sh in chroot
/space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root
chroot: failed to run command `/tmp/stage1-preclean-chroot.sh': No
such file or directory

!!! catalyst: preclean script failed.


Traceback (most recent call last):
File "modules/generic_stage_target.py", line 1167, in preclean
" preclean","preclean script failed.",env=self.env)
File "/usr/lib/catalyst/modules/catalyst_support.py", line 542, in cmd
raise CatalystError,myexc
CatalystError
None

!!! catalyst: Build failed, could not execute preclean

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/catalyst/catalyst", line 209, in build_target
mytarget.run()
File "modules/generic_stage_target.py", line 1263, in run
apply(getattr(self,x))
File "modules/generic_stage_target.py", line 1172, in preclean
raise CatalystError, "Build failed, could not execute preclean"
CatalystError
!!! catalyst: Error encountered during run of target stage1
Catalyst aborting....
"""

But the /tmp/stage1-preclean-chroot.sh _is_ there, with proper permissions, etc.

bcm91250a-be space # ls -lh
catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/tmp/stage1-preclean-chroot.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 435 Nov 4 09:23
catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/tmp/stage1-preclean-chroot.sh

So I tried chrooting into the stage1root:

bcm91250a-be space # chroot
catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/
/bin/bash
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory

But bash _is_ there, and does work. (=sys-apps/bash-4.1_p9)

bcm91250a-be space #
catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/bin/bash
--version
GNU bash, version 4.1.9(2)-release (mips64-unknown-linux-gnu)
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

This is free software; you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

glibc is (=sys-libs/glibc-2.11.2-r3):

bcm91250a-be space #
/space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/lib/libc.so.6
GNU C Library stable release version 2.11.2, by Roland McGrath et al.
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.5.1.
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.35 system on 2010-11-14.
Available extensions:
C stubs add-on version 2.1.2
crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
Gentoo patchset 6
GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
Support for some architectures added on, not maintained in glibc core.
BIND-8.2.3-T5B
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.

So there must be some strange problem with glibc and bash. How can I
figure out what's causing this?

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Turner 11-15-2010 03:33 PM

chroot: failed to run command `/tmp/stage1-preclean-chroot.sh': No such file or directory
 
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Peter Stuge <peter@stuge.se> wrote:
> Matt Turner wrote:
>> chroot: failed to run command `/tmp/stage1-preclean-chroot.sh': No such file or directory
>
> Can you check with strace which file it is that is actually missing?
>
>
> //Peter

Yes, good idea.

bcm91250a-be space # strace -o output.strace chroot
/space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/
/bin/bash
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory

It actually reports
execve("/bin/bash", ["/bin/bash"], [/* 27 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No
such file or directory)

But what the heck?

bcm91250a-be space # ls -lh
/space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/bin/bash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 880K Nov 15 00:38
/space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/bin/bash
bcm91250a-be space # file
/space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/bin/bash
/space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/bin/bash:
ELF 32-bit MSB executable, MIPS, N32 MIPS64 version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, with
unknown capability 0x41000000 = 0xf676e75, with unknown capability
0x10000 = 0x70401, stripped

Matt
execve("/usr/bin/chroot", ["chroot", "/space/catalyst/tmp/default/stag"..., "/bin/bash"], [/* 27 vars */]) = 0
brk(0) = 0x10017000
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x2acad000
uname({sys="Linux", node="bcm91250a-be", ...}) = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.preload", R_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/etc/ld.so.cache", O_RDONLY) = 3
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=15388, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 15388, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0) = 0x2accc000
close(3) = 0
open("/lib/libc.so.6", O_RDONLY) = 3
read(3, "177ELF12131011o250004"..., 512) = 512
lseek(3, 736, SEEK_SET) = 736
read(3, "4201GNU26 ", 32) = 32
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=1542312, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 1523520, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x2acde000
mprotect(0x2ae35000, 65536, PROT_NONE) = 0
mmap(0x2ae45000, 40960, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x157000) = 0x2ae45000
mmap(0x2ae4f000, 12096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x2ae4f000
close(3) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x2acd0000
SYS_6246() = 0
mprotect(0x2ae45000, 32768, PROT_READ) = 0
mprotect(0x10015000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
mprotect(0x2acdc000, 4096, PROT_READ) = 0
munmap(0x2accc000, 15388) = 0
brk(0) = 0x10017000
brk(0x10038000) = 0x10038000
chroot("/space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/") = 0
chdir("/") = 0
execve("/bin/bash", ["/bin/bash"], [/* 27 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
write(2, "chroot: ", 8) = 8
write(2, "failed to run command `/bin/bash"..., 33) = 33
write(2, ": No such file or directory", 27) = 27
write(2, "
", 1) = 1
close(1) = 0
close(2) = 0
exit_group(127) = ?

Matt Turner 11-15-2010 04:08 PM

chroot: failed to run command `/tmp/stage1-preclean-chroot.sh': No such file or directory
 
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Peter Stuge <peter@stuge.se> wrote:
> Matt Turner wrote:
>> >> chroot: failed to run command `/tmp/stage1-preclean-chroot.sh': No such file or directory
>> >
>> > Can you check with strace which file it is that is actually missing?
>>
>> Yes, good idea.
>>
>> bcm91250a-be space # strace -o output.strace chroot
>> /space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/
>> /bin/bash
>> chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory
>>
>> It actually reports
>> execve("/bin/bash", ["/bin/bash"], [/* 27 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No
>> such file or directory)
>>
>> But what the heck?
>
> ldd /space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/bin/bash
>
> ?
> //Peter

bcm91250a-be space # ldd
/space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/bin/bash
libncurses.so.5 => /lib/libncurses.so.5 (0x2b5da000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x2b630000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x2b644000)
/lib32/ld.so.1 (0x2b5aa000)

All these files exist and appear valid except /lib32/ld.so.1. /lib32
is supposed to be a symlink to /lib, but for whatever reason it wasn't
in my seed stage. I think this is definitely the problem. I'll report
back with confirmation.

Thanks Peter!

Matt

Matt Turner 11-16-2010 01:29 AM

chroot: failed to run command `/tmp/stage1-preclean-chroot.sh': No such file or directory
 
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Matt Turner <mattst88@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Peter Stuge <peter@stuge.se> wrote:
>> Matt Turner wrote:
>>> >> chroot: failed to run command `/tmp/stage1-preclean-chroot.sh': No such file or directory
>>> >
>>> > Can you check with strace which file it is that is actually missing?
>>>
>>> Yes, good idea.
>>>
>>> bcm91250a-be space # strace -o output.strace chroot
>>> /space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/
>>> /bin/bash
>>> chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory
>>>
>>> It actually reports
>>> execve("/bin/bash", ["/bin/bash"], [/* 27 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No
>>> such file or directory)
>>>
>>> But what the heck?
>>
>> ldd /space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/bin/bash
>>
>> ?
>> //Peter
>
> bcm91250a-be space # ldd
> /space/catalyst/tmp/default/stage1-mips4_n32-20101114/tmp/stage1root/bin/bash
> * * * *libncurses.so.5 => /lib/libncurses.so.5 (0x2b5da000)
> * * * *libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x2b630000)
> * * * *libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x2b644000)
> * * * */lib32/ld.so.1 (0x2b5aa000)
>
> All these files exist and appear valid except /lib32/ld.so.1. /lib32
> is supposed to be a symlink to /lib, but for whatever reason it wasn't
> in my seed stage. I think this is definitely the problem. I'll report
> back with confirmation.
>
> Thanks Peter!
>
> Matt

Indeed. This was the problem.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:53 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.