Old 06-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Peter Stuge

Default perl-cleaner during stage4?

Hi,

I'm building another stage4, and since perl was updated I needed to
run perl-cleaner --all-modules for modules to be found by other
ebuilds. Since the package (e.g. Archive-Zip) was already installed
(just against older perl version) the dependency didn't trigger a
rebuild.

I hacked perl-cleaner into stage4-chroot.sh, but maybe there is a
better way to do it?

I guess the same question goes also for python and python-updater.

//Peter

Old 06-23-2010, 02:09 AM
Andrew Gaffney

I'm building another stage4, and since perl was updated I needed to
run perl-cleaner --all-modules for modules to be found by other
ebuilds. Since the package (e.g. Archive-Zip) was already installed
(just against older perl version) the dependency didn't trigger a
rebuild.

I hacked perl-cleaner into stage4-chroot.sh, but maybe there is a
better way to do it?

I guess the same question goes also for python and python-updater.

//Peter

The proper way to do it is build your own stage 1, 2, and 3 along with the stage
4, all with the same snapshot, so that you don't have "upgrades".

Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead

Old 06-23-2010, 06:47 AM
Peter Stuge

Andrew Gaffney wrote:
>> I'm building another stage4, and since perl was updated I needed to
>> run perl-cleaner --all-modules for modules to be found
>
> The proper way to do it is build your own stage 1, 2, and 3 along
> with the stage 4, all with the same snapshot, so that you don't
> have "upgrades".

Touché. Yes of course. Thanks!

//Peter