-   Gentoo Catalyst (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/)
-   -   livecd stage1 kernel .config (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-catalyst/31304-livecd-stage1-kernel-config.html)

Greg Fitzgerald 01-07-2008 07:28 PM

livecd stage1 kernel .config

On 1:52 PM - Monday, January 7, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

> Greg Fitzgerald wrote:
>> I went and created stages 1-3 and I am now working on my livecd stage1.
>> My spec file is as follows:
>> subarch: amd64
>> version_stamp: installer-2007.0
>> target: livecd-stage1
>> rel_type: default
>> profile: default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop
>> snapshot: 20080104 source_subpath: default/stage3-amd64-20080104
>> livecd/use:
>> branding
>> livecd
>> socks5
>> livecd/packages:
>> --- lots of packages here ---
>> It compiles around 400 packages then dies on gnome-menus which requires a
>> .config file in my kernel sources directory. Wondering how to solve this
>> issue. I am new to making a livecd with catalyst, but my understanding is
>> you set the .config file for your kernel in your livecd stage2. I tried
>> to copy it to the livecd cache directory under /usr/src/linux and starting
>> again with -a but it appears to get deleted when I start again. Can anyone
>> let me know how I should proceed from here?
>
> There are a couple of ways around this, but you probably won't like any of
> them.
>
> 1) switch to xfce4, which doesn't bring in gnome-menus (the way I'd go)
> 2) modify the ebuild in your snapshot to bypass the kernel feature check
> 3) modify linux-info.eclass in your snapshot to not fail like this
> 4) give up
>
> --
> Andrew Gaffney
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
> Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release
> coordinator

Well I actually don't even have xfce in my list period actually. Nor do
I have gnome. Trying to find out what actually wants to pull in gnome
menu right now. I am trying to build the cd so that It boots into
console and you could run startx and go into openbox if you wanted to.
That is my goal. Enclosing my package list maybe someone can tell me
what would even be trying to pull in gnome-menu. In the mean time I'll
probably modify the ebuild in my snapshot, hopefully next time I'm
working on this I can avoid doing that though.

Below is my package list. Anyone see something that would be pulling in gnome-menus
that I am missing? I tried to clean out items that would pull in to many
gnome items right from the start considering I just wanted to go with openbox,
and firefox, thunderbird, for now. Must have something though that still needs
gnome-menu or the default use flags are causing it to be brought in.

livecd/packages:
app-admin/ide-smart
app-admin/logrotate
app-admin/passook