Old 01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Greg Fitzgerald

Default livecd stage1 kernel .config

I went and created stages 1-3 and I am now working on my livecd stage1.

My spec file is as follows:

subarch: amd64
version_stamp: installer-2007.0
target: livecd-stage1
rel_type: default
profile: default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop
snapshot: 20080104
source_subpath: default/stage3-amd64-20080104

livecd/use:
branding
livecd
socks5

livecd/packages:
--- lots of packages here ---

It compiles around 400 packages then dies on gnome-menus which requires a
.config file in my kernel sources directory. Wondering how to solve this
issue. I am new to making a livecd with catalyst, but my understanding is
you set the .config file for your kernel in your livecd stage2. I tried
to copy it to the livecd cache directory under /usr/src/linux and starting
again with -a but it appears to get deleted when I start again. Can anyone
let me know how I should proceed from here?

Thanks,
Greg

Old 01-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Greg Fitzgerald

First off, sorry if this got double posted. Pretty sure I sent it
to the wrong address first time.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Andrew Gaffney

Greg Fitzgerald wrote:

[...]

There are a couple of ways around this, but you probably won't like any of them.

1) switch to xfce4, which doesn't bring in gnome-menus (the way I'd go)
2) modify the ebuild in your snapshot to bypass the kernel feature check
3) modify linux-info.eclass in your snapshot to not fail like this
4) give up

Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator