Old 11-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Amit Dor-Shifer

Default non-standard folder on 'root_overlay' isn't available on liveCD

Hi.

I've a folder directly under '/' in the image, which doesn't appear in
the liveCD:

livecd root # ls -lad /mnt/livecd/my_folder/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 377 Nov 19 10:59 /mnt/livecd/my_folder/

livecd root # ls -lad /my_folder
ls: cannot access /my_folder: No such file or directory

I believe that's due to the way linuxrc generates '/' in a liveCD.

My question is: is there some documented method of making this folder
available on '/'.

I'm thinking of performing the symlink in /mnt/cdrom/cdupdate.sh.

10x,
Amit