Old 11-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Amit Dor-Shifer

Default emerge under catalyst not quiet?

Hi.

I get the normal output when running stage1, even though emerge is
seemingly run with --quiet:

cm.stargate catalyst # pstree -lap $(ps -C catalyst -o pid=)
catalyst,28067 -OO /usr/lib64/catalyst/catalyst -f
/var/tmp/catalyst/stage1.spec
`-bash,30783
/usr/lib64/catalyst/targets/livecd-stage1/livecd-stage1-controller.sh
build_packages app-accessibility/brltty app-admin/hddtempapp-admin/p

`-livecd-stage1-c,30794 /tmp/livecd-stage1-chroot.sh
`-emerge,484 -O /usr/bin/emerge --quiet --usepkg --buildpkg
--newuse app-accessibility/brltty app-admin/hddtemp app-admin/passook
app-admin/pwgen
`-misc-functions.,664
/usr/lib/portage/bin/misc-functions.sh postinst_bsdflags

What is overriding '--quiet'? Can I force '--quiet' to de-clutter the
output?

10x,
Amit

Old 11-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Andrew Gaffney

On 11/16/2009 03:29 AM, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
> What is overriding '--quiet'? Can I force '--quiet' to de-clutter the
> output?

That's likely an issue with portage. Catalyst isn't doing anything except
running the command you see.

Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead

Old 11-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Peter Stuge

Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I get the normal output when running stage1, even though emerge is
> seemingly run with --quiet:

What normal output? Please show a snippet, ideally including the
point where output you expect is followed by output you don't expect.

//Peter