Old 03-21-2009, 08:13 PM
"Guillermo M. Narvaja"

Default Almost all files in /dev disapeared in stage2

My generated stage2 lacks many files in /dev.
-------------
# ls /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/default/stage2-pentium4-lambda-2009.0/dev/
MAKEDEV null pts shm
-------------

After, if I generate a stage3 and stage4 based on this stage2, when I
boot, I get the error "/dev/console missing".

# catalyst --version
Catalyst, version 2.0.6.903

# cat stage1.spec
subarch: x86
target: stage1
version_stamp: lambda-2009.0
rel_type: default
profile: default/linux/x86/2008.0
snapshot: lambda-2009.0
source_subpath: default/stage3-i486-20090304
chost: i486-pc-linux-gnu

# cat stage2.spec
subarch: pentium4
target: stage2
version_stamp: lambda-2009.0
rel_type: default
profile: default/linux/x86/2008.0
snapshot: lambda-2009.0
source_subpath: default/stage1-x86-lambda-2009.0
chost: i486-pc-linux-gnu

Thanks in advance.

--
Guillermo M. Narvaja
Lambda Sistemas S.R.L.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:49 AM
Andrew Gaffney

Guillermo M. Narvaja wrote:
> My generated stage2 lacks many files in /dev.

You need to use catalyst-3.4.10.903 (or maybe even -9999). This was a bug that
releng ran into recently once portage-2.1.6.x was stabilized. Some old
questionable code in catalyst finally broke due to a behavior change in portage
which causes the default /dev nodes to not be generated in the stage1 creation.

Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead