Old 09-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Amit Dor-Shifer

Default Autoresuming hides modifications in config file?

Hi,
I've modified my livecd stage2 file, adding an 'livecd/rcadd' entry.
Cranking up catalyst I got this message:

--- Running action sequence: rcupdate
Resume point detected, skipping rcupdate operation...

When I looked in
$storedir/tmp/$rel_type/livecd-stage2-amd64-101/etc/runlevels/, indeed
the service wasn't there.

I restarted catalyst, clearing autoresume points, and got a confirming
message that the rcscript was added, and also found it in the a/m tmp
folder.

Is that the way autoresume's intended to work? If so, should I clear
autoresume points upon every modification in a conf file?

Amit

Old 09-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Andrew Gaffney

Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
Is that the way autoresume's intended to work? If so, should I clear
autoresume points upon every modification in a conf file?

Catalyst doesn't store any metadata about the spec file for a particular build,
so it has no way to know if the spec has changed. That will probably chance in
the future. For now, just make sure to use -a when you change the spec file.

Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead