Old 06-20-2008, 06:20 PM
"Daniel van Ham Colchete"

Default Making emerge's catalyst use a proxy

Hi all!!!

here at my office I'm playing with catalyst a little bit. I already use it to create a stage4 to my servers and tinderbox to produce update packages for the servers.

I'm always downloading the same thing another college will download again and our workstations will also download latter (emerge -uD world). For the workstations we have a http proxy (http-replicator) and we have our own rsync repository for the local desktops to download from it instead os going to the internet.

The question is: how do I make catalyst use my proxy to download things? I would have to change emerge's make.conf inside the package and I don't know how to do it.

Thank you very much

Best regards,

Daniel Colchete

Old 06-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Andrew Gaffney

Daniel van Ham Colchete wrote:
The question is: how do I make catalyst use my proxy to download things?
I would have to change emerge's make.conf inside the package and I don't
know how to do it.

Set HTTP_PROXY (or whatever the var is) in your envscript
(/etc/catalyst/catalystrc by default).

Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator